• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK - Northern X'mas Do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'll be there, although might be attending with g'friend Chef as the evening contains alcohol and the word "party" so she'll want to come along..

am off from mid dec - jan 7th so early jan is fine, otherwise fri/sat is ideal due to working away..

have always wondered how the whole "hi" bit goes.. "hi, im Chef"???? sounds very geeky, i might just make it easier and bring a small xmas cake , walk in the pub and whoever says hello, i'll sit down and drink beer with them all night.. could be interesting

cant do last week in feb as im off snowboarding for a month..
    Last edited by chef; 20 November 2007, 11:43.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
      Hi CM, busy day yesterday & today will be worse so a flying visit.

Can I be a pain and ask that if the get together is in the new year we avoid the last weekend in Jan, first weekend in Feb please. If it has to be those dates then I will offer a virtual round.
      Ditto - am taking Mrs F away for her birthday.

Sounds like a CUK Spring Party
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Yeah, the whole geek thing could be tricky. I'd have to carry a box of Wispas. CM, are you dressing as a 'nun'?

Comment

Originally posted by Zorba View Post
          Yeah, the whole geek thing could be tricky. I'd have to carry a box of Wispas. CM, are you dressing as a 'nun'?
          I dont think that would be very safe for you Zorba!!!
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
            I dont think that would be very safe for you Zorba!!!
            Scratch that - a box of Wispas, an ice hockey helmet and a riot shield.

Comment

We are talking SA and Wispas here, resistence is futile

Comment

Sure - how else will you recognise me?
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I might have to help SA in her quest for wispa's assuming she will let me have one afterwards
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    I might have to help SA in her quest for wispa's assuming she will let me have one afterwards
                    Right - a box of Wispas, a hockey mask, a riot shield, a cricket box, shin pads, boxing gloves, a cattle prod, CS gas, running spikes... will that do it?

Comment

Right - a box of Wispas, a hockey mask, a riot shield, a cricket box, shin pads, boxing gloves, a cattle prod, CS gas, running spikes... will that do it?
                      turning up in Barat some bars in the northern quarter, you'd fit right in
                      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                      X