• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Strange permie habits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    The permy to my left is sick with a heavy cold
    ...and we are hearing all about the sacrifice and heroism. She has been all around the building already this morning to ensure that everybody knows...

Comment

Cluttering their desks with photos of loved ones, toys, art created by their children and other tat.
      Back at the coal face

Comment

Complaining about any type of change... and then demanding change.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
          ...and we are hearing all about the sacrifice and heroism. She has been all around the building already this morning to ensure that everybody knows...
          You mean so everyone catches it so the entire office can be off sick over Christmas and pass it to the rest of their families. What a nice person.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Whispering in corridors over x's promotion or payrise.

licking bosses particularly in meetings.

Getting upset over payrises.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

"but it's always been like that, why does it have to change?"

(muttering to anyone who will listen) "if they think that i'm gonna stand for that new system i'm walking out of here right now, the company will fall I tell ya.."

.. 2 weeks later, still sat at the same desk

"ohhh this new system is so much worse than the old one, shame that it replaced Sue though, if they think im going aswell then they'll have a fight on their hands"

FFS
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Whispering in corridors over x's promotion or payrise.
                Whispering in corridors about how the contractors will no longer be required, the second a once personable permy can't look you in the eye you know the game is up.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  You mean so everyone catches it so the entire office can be off sick over Christmas and pass it to the rest of their families. What a nice person.
                  Yes... as a matter of fact she light-heartedly said this was her intention before she set off. If me and the Irish girl escape this disease we'll be very fortunate.

Comment

thinking a 2 week test cycle can be shoe-horned into a week so that system launch only has to be delayed two weeks.

Comment

Bragging about the free crèche, 6 weeks holiday, full sick pay, final salary pension, company car etc etc and then moaning about how the contractors earn so much.
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X