• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPhone fascination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone has an accelerometer? I might just get one.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Let me explain. The accelerometer in the iPhone is a very neet bit of kit to detect when the phone is flipped on it's side for youtube (landscape) and the display changes to suit, same when scrolling through album covers, the phone knows it's axis in x,y,z. I thought at first is going to be some little reid switch or something but no... far more sophisticated.

Some simple applications for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtcys_XFnRA

accelerometer app I've choosen displays the rate of change in acceleration as a % rather than a fixed number, really the G force applied to the phone.

I've never seen a phone with this level of technology, maybe Apple marketing, business model sucks etc etc... but the hardware/tech inside this thing is impressive... you should read up on it.

I've no contract with this phone are you kidding, I unlocked mine and have it on my vodafone sim, works a treat.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        iPhone has an accelerometer? I might just get one.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmDnuqEOLps
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Let me explain. The accelerometer in the iPhone is a very neet bit of kit to detect when the phone is flipped on it's side for youtube (landscape) and the display changes to suit, same when scrolling through album covers, the phone knows it's axis in x,y,z.
          So what happens when you are browsing through your 'holiday snaps' and the photos are 90% out so you turn the phone on it's side to see them correctly and the phone keeps rotating them. Do you have to then put it flat on the table and stand on a chair to see them?

K

Comment

The software prevents continuous rotation of your holiday pictures... I don't know how but imagine a square wheel (a Troll invention), every time the phone rests on one edge the image fits accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Let me explain. The accelerometer in the iPhone is a very neet bit of kit to detect when the phone is flipped on it's side for youtube (landscape) and the display changes to suit, same when scrolling through album covers, the phone knows it's axis in x,y,z. I thought at first is going to be some little reid switch or something but no... far more sophisticated.
              My sony ericsson K850i does that
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                Who would be dumb enough to buy an iPhone? I spoke a friend in Canada, there the network demands a three year contract!!
                It's OK - you only need to sign up to 18 months at a minimum of £35 a month in the UK. But you do get a couple of free texts and minutes thrown in for that bargain price
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  It's OK - you only need to sign up to 18 months at a minimum of £35 a month in the UK. But you do get a couple of free texts and minutes thrown in for that bargain price
                  Also you need to pay £250 quid for the phone. After I did the same with P800 and completely hated touch screen for texting there is no way I am going to buy a mobile without proper buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    there is no way I am going to buy a mobile without proper buttons.
                    Buttons are so yesterday -

Comment

Working...
                    X