• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Passats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    It's a lot of money but what do you do eh when you have a family to keep safe ?
    Buy an old volvo.

So you really are a Passat man ?

Comment

I liked the passat, it's a very nice car and the highline model is excellent, all the toys and the old shape from 2004 is a great price these days and tdi's really good,

but where we live as wednesday shows we need 4x4

ok replace the passat with a 4motion one, but the mrs has wanted us to get a jeep style 4x4 for a long time

so from being an old man in a passat I'm gonna be an old man in a volvo

Milan.

Comment

my mrs crunched it into a lorry on wednesday taking our daughter to kindergarten in the snow

it's a lot of money but what do you do eh when you have a family to keep safe ?

Milan.
        Taking the car keys off your missus might be a sensible first step.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

very good Shaun

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
            Buy an old volvo.
            Quite right. That's what I did. Only I didn't buy an old one.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Quite right. That's what I did. Only I didn't buy an old one.
              Which one you have? I have a S40

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                Which one you have? I have a S40
                Buy a Volvo, now there's a thought ! I was thinking if I bought a Passat I might get a few laughs but a Volvo would open up a whole new world. What's the vectra/mondeo equivalent called ?

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                  Buy a Volvo, now there's a thought ! I was thinking if I bought a Passat I might get a few laughs but a Volvo would open up a whole new world. What's the vectra/mondeo equivalent called ?
                  I give up. What is it called?

Comment

BMW X5 (armoured) is a smart choice.

Comment

I liked the passat, it's a very nice car and the highline model is excellent, all the toys and the old shape from 2004 is a great price these days and tdi's really good,

but where we live as wednesday shows we need 4x4

ok replace the passat with a 4motion one, but the mrs has wanted us to get a jeep style 4x4 for a long time

so from being an old man in a passat I'm gonna be an old man in a volvo

Milan.
                      God, where do you live? I've driven in wintery northern Canada for decades and never needed a 4x4.
                      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                      X