• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will the British trigger WWIII ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You are seriously mistaken saying that the Soviets were not geared for total was in 1941 - you need to look at production figures of armaments before that and what actually happened in June 1941 - secret mobilisation and deployment of forces near border in attack formation.
    Well they were increasing their production, but they did not really begin to switch to total war until late 40, early 41. But my point is that this was after the war had begun, not before. I agree that after the war had begun, Stalin looked at attacking Germany and was possibly waiting while he built up his forces and\or for Germany to launch an attack against Britain. I just disgree with the assertion that Stalin would have attacked Germany and the West while everyone was at peace and I don't think there is any evidence to support that.

Comment

Originally posted by M_B View Post
      Well they were increasing their production, but they did not really begin to switch to total war until late 40, early 41.
      And when do you think Germany switched to total war? It was no earlier than 1943, in fact 1944 is more likely figure. Noone actually expected that next war will require so much resources, so Stalin did not switch to total war yet, even though he was very close to it - at the time in USSR they had laws under which for being late to factory a worker was getting 10 years in GULAG, I kid you not! And this was done before the war started!

I just disgree with the assertion that Stalin would have attacked Germany and the West while everyone was at peace and I don't think there is any evidence to support that.
      Well, we don't know whether Stalin would have dared to attack Europe if there was no war between countries there - obviously the best time for attack would have been when there is internal war there, so from this point of view it was understandable that Stalin supported Hitler very strongly and encouraged his military ambitions: you probably know that Guderian was training tank crews in USSR? And Luftwaffe too.

What we know however is that USSR was secretly deploying huge army in June 1941 along it's border in attacking formation - it was not meant to be used for defence.

I really recommend you to read Icebreaker book that I referenced earlier in the thread.

Comment

I really recommend you to read Icebreaker book that I referenced earlier in the thread.
        Yes I will give it a read. Thanks.

Comment

Yes I will give it a read. Thanks.
          Don't take everything in it with blind belief, but on key points the author is certainly right - this book is pretty hated in Russia, but all the people who try to disprove it find small errors in numbers, without actually addressing the key issues, like attacking formation of the (almost fully) deployed Soviet forces near border, the best explanation they have is that Stalin was a retard, which I certainly don't think he was.

Comment

I have to say here that this thread is by far more intelligent than all others, apart from "My lunch" ones, which reminds me...

Comment

They are ... etc ... starting with the owner of this well known football club and working downwards ... etc ... Let those scumbags buy real estate in Iran if they like it so much.
              Alexei, these Russian footy owners are Jewish, which leads me to believe that providing anything in the way of arms to Iran would be the last thing they would do.

If Abramovich was even suspected of doing that by Mossad, and I'd wager they know more about him than anybody, he would not be swanning in, out and about Israel as if he owned the place.

Comment

You seem not to understand that those rich guys are the wallet keepers of the people who actually make decisions about weapons shipped to Iran. Do you really think Putin is a poor man like he declares? According to his tax declaration he owns less than I do. Yet, on his hand you can see Swiss watch worth around $60k, do you seriously think he and his buddies do not have bank accounts in the west full of dollars and euros? They do, and for this they need public people who would have to share the loot that they were allowed to take out.

Obviously Abramovich never makes any decisions regarding weapons in Iran. But he is one of the money keepers of those who do make such decisions. Putin can pick a phone to talk to him and tell send a few billions dollars to a specified company in Bermudas and he will do it, especially in light of recent Polonium stories.

Comment

Alexei, you are conspiracy story mad. I'm not talking about Putin, or anyone else bar the Jewish footy club owners in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                    Alexei, you are conspiracy story mad. I'm not talking about Putin, or anyone else bar the Jewish footy club owners in the UK.
                    He'll be blaming the Freemasons next!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      He'll be blaming the Freemasons next!
                      Then for the first time he might be on to something!

Comment

Working...
                      X