• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will the British trigger WWIII ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Where in the article you referenced says that (I quote your own words): "Most of Hitlers munitions were supplied by the Swiss"?

40mm air-defences ammo was hardly "most" munitions, frankly it was a minor amount of ammo that barely worth talking about.

Now compare this help of the Swiss with the secret protocol signed by USSR and Germany in 1939 according to which USSR obliged to provide the following:

o 1,000,000 tons of grain for cattle, and of legumes, in the amount of 120 million Reichsmarks
    o 900,000 tons of mineral oil in the amount of approximately 115 million Reichsmarks
    o 100,000 tons of cotton in the amount of approximately 90 million Reichsmarks
    o 500,000 tons of phosphates
    o 100,000 tons of chrome ores
    o 500,000 tons of iron ore
    o 300,000 tons of scrap iron and pig iron
    o 2,400 kg. of platinum Manganese ore, metals, lumber, and numerous other raw materials.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German-...cial_Agreement

See the scale of supplies used directly for war? And you think that Swiss somehow did anything that affected Germany's war machine, what, with 40mm anti-aircraft guns? Frankly 40mm was not cutting mustard, it was 88 mm flaks that did good job and fighter planes.

Comment

I never mentioned the USSR.
      I did however make you do some legwork for a change
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I'm learning more history than I did at School - bring it!!!
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

ATW your knowledge is wonderous -

well done
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

You said: "Most of Hitlers munitions were supplied by the Swiss", now prove me with references that your claim was true - prove me that most of Hitlers munitions were actually supplied by the Swiss, go on - prove that the Swiss were making 9mm ammo (tens of millions of rounds), 88mm ammo, fausts and lots more. Go on, have you got any proof or just a big gob?

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              ATW your knowledge is wonderous -

well done
              Yes history was one of my favourite subjects, a bit crap that later I learnt that a lot of WW2 history in Soviet Russia was falsified

Comment

Can't

Made it up and Googled it afterwards

Had the desired effect though

Sorry AtW, I was bored

Comment

Well, you really should be more careful when talking about history, especially WW2, subject that I studied very extensively in Military Academy in Kiev

Comment

B0llocks!

You were a cossack goatherd

Comment

I'm not going to say anything - apart from nothing.

.... Oh yeah - I know more now than I did earlier

Comment

Working...
                      X