• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immigrants going home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Councils struggling

Davie, do you not think the councils around the land are providing adequate support for our cheaper imports already?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      weren't they settled & integrated in their countries of origin?
      Yes but I assume they moved here for better job prospects and standard of living.

Comment

Originally posted by Damp Cave View Post
        Davie, do you not think the councils around the land are providing adequate support for our cheaper imports already?
        I think they are providing more than adequate support...but I believe charity begins at home and we have thousands of homeless we need to look after first.
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

I Concur

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
          I think they are providing more than adequate support...but I believe charity begins at home and we have thousands of homeless we need to look after first.
          Ditto Pensioners and Kids education.

Comment

Ditto Pensioners and Kids education.
            Yep...hear hear...
            "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Remember, these people pay taxes and will fund your retirement, build your roads and houses, staff your hospitals, make your sandwiches and pick your fruit.

Honest.

Yours,

Gordo.
              If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

Comment

I got a dishwasher repair company out the local paper. He changed the bottom seal on the door and left, it continued bladdering water everywhere, he returned and changed the top seal and left (not the left seal he departed). It continued resembling a sprinkler system. I rang he said in a very eastern EU voice (hadn't spoken much at visits as he errrrr couldn't converse very well in the Queens) I cannot fix it and promised my 100 notes of the realm back. I got another, English bloke, he said the rotor arm was cracked, changed it in 5 mins and didn’t charge us. I haven't actually heard any good stories, are they contacting this guy direct or is he talking out of his backside? Got the 100 quid back.
                Interesting anecdote. I wish I could meet you. You must be a barrel of laughs.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  CUK Xmas meet, the dream.

Carlin Wotnots, Warrior Princess, Cojak, Already Packed, Janey.

CUK Xmas meet, the reality.

AtW, Camp Dave, Mailman and Troll.

Comment

I don't think so

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    I have an aversion to gay bars.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      CUK Xmas meet, the dream.

Carlin Wotnots, Warrior Princess, Cojak, Already Packed, Janey.

CUK Xmas meet, the reality.

AtW, Camp Dave, Mailman and Troll.
                      Thanks to you I will not be there, I will be on holiday
                      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                      X