• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Favourite After School Sweet ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Anything so long as it wasn't a Wagon Wheel!
    Snap... Every day I used to open my lunch box and think "please let mammy have put something nice in here.... "and there it would be a ******* wagon wheel
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Where did those bloody waggon wheels come from? The EC Wagon Wheel mountain, so dispised they had to artificially make a market for them
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I knew when I had been bad the previous night...

...when discovering my lunch consisted of a wagon wheel and raw onion sandwiches.....
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Funnily enough, my dentist say's my teeth are great. I used to, and still do, drink a ton of coca cola (although I did switch to sugar free about 7 years ago) and was always warned my teeth would rot 'look what it does to a penny' people would say. I have better teeth than most of those people now,

Comment

BTW, Wagon Wheel's rocked, when I was a kid I was bought a box of 50 odd giant wagon wheels. They didn't last long.

Comment

I went to boarding school so didn't really do the 'get home from school' thing but I was quite into Wham bars
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                I went to boarding school so didn't really do the 'get home from school' thing but I was quite into Wham bars
                Wham bars rock. Oh yeah, boarding school, ha ha!

Did you have to play with a foam football at boarding school to protect your delicate faces? I had a friend who did at private school, worrying.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
                  Wham bars rock. Oh yeah, boarding school, ha ha!

Did you have to play with a foam football at boarding school to protect your delicate faces? I had a friend who did at private school, worrying.
                  Absolutely - protection of delicate faces is of the utmost importance.
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    Absolutely - protection of delicate faces is of the utmost importance.
                    No, you should have gone to a state school, it'd toughen you up. Getting a hard leather football kicked in your face, and acting as though nothing happened as everyone in the playground exclaims 'oooohhhhhh' is a rite of passage (worse if it hits you in the family jewels).

Comment

protection of delicate faces is of the utmost importance
                      DANGER !

This thread is one extra letter away from consignment to a new home in Light Relief next to its sanguine cousin.
                      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                      X