• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Favourite After School Sweet ?"

Collapse

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by miffy View Post
    Pacers.

Basically white chewits with three green stripes through the middle.
    Excellent, they were mint...

Those frozen triangular drinks (orange flavour) - cola cubes - army&navy - and refreshers (yellow chewy sweets with sherbet).

Leave a comment:

• miffy
    replied
    Pacers.

Basically white chewits with three green stripes through the middle.

Leave a comment:

• Newbie000
    replied
    Hmmm of to the supermarket then, hehehe, cheers Kathy

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Newbie000 View Post
    Those flying saucers with sherbet in them mmmmm yumm do they still do them somewhere, I want some!
    yes they still do them - usually in large tubs of a mixture of sweets sold in supermarkets

Leave a comment:

• Newbie000
    replied
    Those flying saucers with sherbet in them mmmmm yumm do they still do them somewhere, I want some!

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I liked the pretend cigarettes. The chocolate ones were pants. There was that sweet tobacco stuff as well. No wonder I lit up as as soon as I was old enough to buy a pack of real tabs!

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    There was always the evil twin of the Wham bar, the Gorgo. Green with black candy/spacedust in it.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Spare a thought for me.

Me mam worked at the factory (Burtons) where they made them!
    Jesus and I thought I was abused!!!

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    At the same time ? Now that is an eclectic combination !
    You could buy just blackjacks on their own or just fruit salad on their own but I liked to mix them. I think they were just 6d for 4oz.

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.c...s.php3?item=64

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Snap... Every day I used to open my lunch box and think "please let mammy have put something nice in here.... "and there it would be a ******* wagon wheel
    Spare a thought for me.

Me mam worked at the factory (Burtons) where they made them!

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    nvm...

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
    No, you should have gone to a state school, it'd toughen you up. Getting a hard leather football kicked in your face, and acting as though nothing happened as everyone in the playground exclaims 'oooohhhhhh' is a rite of passage (worse if it hits you in the family jewels).
    I'm quite glad of the sheltered and pampered upbringing I had actually, those leather footballs and other rough stuff is quite unneccessary (sp?).

I think I did OK being woken up in the middle of the night, put in a freezing cold bath and then having the door taken off it's hinges and placed on top so I just had enough room to stick my face out and breathe for a minute. All character building stuff..

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    The letter "e" dear boy.

Everything begins with an "e".
    Sorry, what in the world are you carping on about?

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    The letter "e" dear boy.

Everything begins with an "e".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X