• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outsourcing in UK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Wage inflation in India is arond 15% so yes the benefits are eroding slightly. However there is still a significant enough gap to make it an attractive proposition given the right circumstances.
    To the point where Indian companies are now outsourcing to China and other Far East countries.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      To the point where Indian companies are now outsourcing to China and other Far East countries.
      Agreed. I found out last week the client has an offshore team in Mumbai and Moldova. Moldova certainly was a new one on me. Not sure if the fact I read Tony Hawkes will help though.
      Last edited by oracleslave; 8 November 2007, 15:22.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        And to Latin America especially Uruguay and Argentina because there is a large population of educated bilingual Spanish-English people for the North American market.

However, LATAM inflation will soon put a stop to that.

Comment

Does anyone know any "getting started with IT outsorcing" forums or similar resource on the Internet ?

I wanna dig into this area.

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
            Does anyone know any "getting started with IT outsorcing" forums or similar resource on the Internet ?

I wanna dig into this area.
            outsourcing

What are you looking for more specifically?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              outsourcing

What are you looking for more specifically?
              Forum that is about IT outsourcing trends ? Or resource where I can get myself educated on the subject.

Comment

Forum that is about IT outsourcong trends ? Or resource where I can get myself educated on the subject.
                outsourcing

This is proving challenging

Comment

Forum that is about IT outsourcing trends ? Or resource where I can get myself educated on the subject.
                  Am not aware of an outsourcing forum per say but I suspect there are lots of business web sites out there that have columnists that will write about it.

Comment

I've gotten to the point of signing contracts with coding/training partners. Now I need to find how do I market these outsourcing services. ( I am kinda doing all this in my free time so don't have time for a proper business plan - pretty much doing it on demand) .

Also I need to employ someone to respond to enquiries, etc. I don't have time for that in my 8 hour work week. And really I am fed up with 14 hours work day - 8 hours work and 4 hours study afterwards.

I figure I can pay some Indy ( my mum is another option ) to answer queries from potential clients . There are services like FetFriday that do that - 8 pounds per hour per Indy.

Comment

I've gotten to the point of signing contracts with coding/training partners. Now I need to find how do I market these outsourcing services. ( I am kinda doing all this in my free time so don't have time for a proper business plan - pretty much doing it on demand) .

Also I need to employ someone to respond to enquiries, etc. I don't have time for that in my 8 hour work week. And really I am fed up with 14 hours work day - 8 hours work and 4 hours study afterwards.

I figure I can pay some Indy ( my mum is another option ) to answer queries from potential clients . There are services like FetFriday that do that - 8 pounds per hour per Indy.
                      It does sound like a lot of effort from an administrative perspective. Are you certain the potential returns will make it worth your while?

Comment

Working...
                      X