• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Portuguese - English dictionary

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinto View Post
    That's not portuguese. Make that 0 words
    Hmm, this made me think, is 0 plural (multiple) to use word "words" rather than word "word"? Or is my portugeese better than English?

Comment

Portuguese from Brazil or Portugal?
      Chan

Portugal if possible.
      If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Hmm, this made me think, is 0 plural (multiple) to use word "words" rather than word "word"? Or is my portugeese better than English?
        Pardon?

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post
          Chan

Portugal if possible.
          Maybe it will help, if you give me an example of what you want translated.

Comment

Pardon?
            I am just thinking aloud here. Let's look at what you said again:

"That's not portuguese. Make that 0 words"

Note "words", this is used for plurals - 2 words, 10 words, but 1 word. The question I have is why "words" when we deal with not a plural number, 0 is even less than 1. Komprehende comrade?

Comment

I am just thinking aloud here. Let's look at what you said again:

"That's not portuguese. Make that 0 words"

Note "words", this is used for plurals - 2 words, 10 words, but 1 word. The question I have is why "words" when we deal with not a plural number, 0 is even less than 1. Komprehende comrade?
              Makes more sense to use the plural, as there could potential be more than 1.
              If you listened to other people, you would notice nobody uses 0 in the singular

There were 0 car on the road.
              0 condition for a good match.

Comment

Makes more sense to use the plural, as there could potential be more than 1.
                Eh? But than having 1 surely more potential to be more than 1, than 0 to be more than 1? 0 is 0, IMO, everyone is just wrong to use plural word after it and it took a sharp mind like mine to notice this.

Comment

Eh? But than having 1 surely more potential to be more than 1, than 0 to be more than 1? 0 is 0, IMO, everyone is just wrong to use plural word after it and it took a sharp mind like mine to notice this.
                  How does it work in Russian? Do you say:

0 houses, or 0 house?

Comment

How does it work in Russian? Do you say:

0 houses, or 0 house?
                    Well, it occurs to me now the same mistake was made in the Russian language

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post
                      Chan

Is there a dictionary which will translate slang, profanity etc?
                      This does profanity: http://www.wikicurse.com/lang.php?langid=101

Comment

Working...
                      X