• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aaahh! I needed that Wii

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both kids are under 3, the oldest would lap up a trip to Oz, the youngest might aswell be in Bognor.

OS - where are you stopping off ? I was pondering that, I usually stop off in Bangkok but I'm thinking it's not very child friendly. One option is go via the States and break twice on the East and West cost but the LA-Oz flight is a biggie.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Too busy blowing siht up in TF2 atm
      Great fun isn't it!! I'm trying to work out how to use the spy to his full potential as most defending teams (I'm just as guilty) will just set up as many fully upgraded turrets on the last capture point making it almost imposable to take it, I think spies with zappers and knives are the way forward.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
        Both kids are under 3, the oldest would lap up a trip to Oz, the youngest might aswell be in Bognor.

OS - where are you stopping off ? I was pondering that, I usually stop off in Bangkok but I'm thinking it's not very child friendly. One option is go via the States and break twice on the East and West cost but the LA-Oz flight is a biggie.
        We thought of going via San Francisco as it's 1 city I always wanted to visit and haven't managed it yet. It's supposedly much nicer for a stop over than LA. We have decided however to take a week in South Africa for a bit of a holiday instead. So flights are 10 hours to Jhb. Then a week break. Then 10 hours or so to Sydney plus a little extra to Brisbane. Off to the gold coast and to a wedding in Brisbane. Flying home the same way. Just 1 kid who will turn 1 later this month.
        Last edited by oracleslave; 7 November 2007, 10:18.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          Great fun isn't it!! I'm trying to work out how to use the spy to his full potential as most defending teams (I'm just as guilty) will just set up as many fully upgraded turrets on the last capture point making it almost imposable to take it, I think spies with zappers and knives are the way forward.
          Several Spies working together or a couple of HWG/Soldier + Medic Uber combos at the same time will deal with that

Spies work best when they have room to manouver and can get behind the opposition either cloaked or disguised. Multiple Turrets means death for a spy as soon as he is revealed.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Flying with kids is hard.

If they are under 2 - then it's really cheap, but they don't get a seat, so for longer flights it's hard.

If they are over 2 - then they get their own seat meaning space, but it costs.
            Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              We thought of going via San Francisco as it's 1 city I always wanted to visit and haven't managed it yet. It's supposedly much nicer for a stop over than LA. We have decided however to take a week in South Africa for a bit of a holiday instead. So flights are 10 hours to Jhb. Then a week break. Then 10 hours or so to Sydney plus a little extra to Brisbane. Off to the gold coast and to a wedding in Brisbane. Flying home the same way. Just 1 kid who will turn 1 later this month.
              Good luck ! It'll be a grueller but worth it in the end. Don't forget the calpol. On second thoughts I may go to Gran Canaria instead !

Are you going to Kruger ?

ps. spent a fair bit of time in San Fran, nice enough but never really done it for me, the weather is carp
              Last edited by rootsnall; 7 November 2007, 10:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post

If they are under 2 - then it's really cheap, but they don't get a seat, so for longer flights it's hard.
                Isn't that what the overhead lockers are for?
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post

If they are over 2 - then they get their own seat meaning space, but it costs.
                  One over and one under 2 is a good mix as you can get the seat between you and pile them up.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                    Good luck ! It'll be a grueller but worth it in the end. Don't forget the calpol. On second thoughts I may go to Gran Canaria instead !

Are you going to Kruger ?

ps. spent a fair bit of time in San Fran, nice enough but never really done it for me, the weather is carp
                    Thanks will need the luck. Not going to Kruger (have been before and it's excellent) but am going here. http://www.pilanesberg-game-reserve.co.za/index.html

Calpol will literally be on tap

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      Isn't that what the overhead lockers are for?
                      Made me think of this

Comment

Working...
                      X