• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Was Enoch Powell right?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    sadly sasguru lives in one, so it's hard to see one when you're looking out of one.

HTH
    Sadly this is true. Nowadays I only seem to associate with other inhabitants of my prosperous middle class ghetto. Must do something about that.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Not in the way they exist in the North. There is always some interaction between communities in London, because of economic and space pressure.
      Whereas it seemed to me up north that the communities were completely self-contained.
      The North is a ghetto itself is it not?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Not in the way they exist in the North. There is always some interaction between communities in London, because of economic and space pressure.
        Whereas it seemed to me up north that the communities were completely self-contained.
        Go for a ride to Brent especially Wembley

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        The North is a ghetto itself is it not?
        Yes we have an area with the most millionaires per square mile of anywhere else in the country. You are welcome to your overcrowded slums

Think of the richest square mile in Britain and your thoughts turn to The City of London or Chelsea. In fact, a small village in Cheshire is home to more millionaires per square mile than anywhere else in Britain. It is a place where one-in-twenty houses sells for more than 1 million, 20% of the residents enjoy a seven-figure income and in an index of poshness' Alderley Edge scored 136 out of a maximum 137.

The media like to focus on the glitz and the glamour, an image of a shallow nouveau riche. But that is not the real story. The entrepreneurial spirit is concentrated in these streets like nowhere else in Britain. These are self-made people, entrepreneurs with amazing stories of triumphs,
        tribulations, disasters and incredible recoveries. There is another side to Alderley Edge and the Golden Triangle', one that the outsider would not necessarily see
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 5 November 2007, 16:48.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

He has brought the subject of immigration into being debated, and to his credit he has done so without making sweeping generalisations and scaremongering in the way that Enoch Powell did it. Hats off to him because the PC liberals are now finding it very hard to kill the debate.
          Ok thanks for that. I rely on CUK as my sole source of news so generally I have no idea about what's goin on.
          Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Et Thybrim multo spumantem sanguine cerno...
            You are sick of bloody cornishmen?

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
              Ok thanks for that. I rely on CUK as my sole source of news so generally I have no idea about what's goin on.
              you have to admire a man who is so interested in politics that he looks at this site for facts and opinions
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

you have to admire a man who is so interested in politics that he looks at this site for facts and opinions
                Who's Enoch Powell anyway?
                Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Some sort of sprinter. Fast as feck he is too.

Comment

Since you like being misinformed:
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enoch_Powell

BTW I'm sure I saw a white person the last time I went through Wembley and there was no football on. They did look chav like though...
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      Go for a ride to Brent especially Wembley
                      Agreed this is mainly an Indian area. But parts of it are actually quite nice (Wembley Park, Preston Manor) and it's more of a middle class area. Plenty of people living there actually work in the city and live in nice detached houses with gardens. Not comparable to the Pakistani terraces of Oldham.

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      Yes we have an area with the most millionaires per square mile of anywhere else in the country. You are welcome to your overcrowded slums
                      And what's that to do with the price of fish? You mean you have a millionaires ghetto which only proves my point.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X