• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oz, land of sunshine, sport and sexism

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I chose the word "nationalist" for a reason. There's a difference between being proud to be a Scot and being a member of the "chip on the shoulder brigade" that some of you belong to.

Your arrogant post - in correcting a word that you thought was incorrect - shows this.
    Boll)cks. No chip on this shoulder, and I challenge you to find the thread where this chip has even been displayed. I could find plenty of threads by however where you clearly display this kind of behaviour.

You messed up and now you can't even admit you did it.

Squirming out of a beating cause you can't respond to the valid points I raised, and your best retort is some lame excuse that you meant to use the word nationalist. And then calling me arrogant when you're the one who constantly displays his arrogance. I'll give you points for brass neck, but no points for debating. You really are a sad little man.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I bet the Aussies find the subject of this thread as funny as we do.

But if it was about Scots...

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
        I bet the Aussies find the subject of this thread as funny as we do.

But if it was about Scots...
        Yes am loving the 'debate'

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
          Boll)cks. No chip on this shoulder, and I challenge you to find the thread where this chip has even been displayed. I could find plenty of threads by however where you clearly display this kind of behaviour.

You messed up and now you can't even admit you did it.

Squirming out of a beating cause you can't respond to the valid points I raised, and your best retort is some lame excuse that you meant to use the word nationalist. And then calling me arrogant when you're the one who constantly displays his arrogance. I'll give you points for brass neck, but no points for debating. You really are a sad little man.
          I stand by what I said.

If it's debating you want then stop the personal jibes.

Comment

I stand by what I said.

If it's debating you want then stop the personal jibes.
            Fair enough, no more comments on your lack of personality. I've responded to your initial post, you've gone off topic, twice. One time with an unsubstantiated jibe at Scots (Unusually for you). When are you going to start debating?

BTW Wendigo - I was giggling at it too - I've got an Aussie wife and many Aussie mates, and it's all true. One of the great things about living in Aus was getting compared to Aussie men and coming up trumps.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Well not sure how I'd define a 'den' of racism, but there certainly seems to be a steady stream of racist comments, on a sadly regular basis.

Actually case in point, not saying you're a racist (Can't recall you making any blatantly racist comments, then again can't recall you making too many interesting posts either)) but you're certainly guilty of making plenty of derogatory remarks based on some-one's nationality.
              You are turning into the politically correct puritan that your political class is leading you. We are tribal beings us humans and we like to stand by our national identities, we should therefore be prepared to take criticism and jokes on the chin without squealing "racism" everytime we as a group are criticised.

Churchill is a case in point, no one else makes better one liner jibes at groups or individuals according to their views, race or religion and still you cannot pin the word "racist" on him.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                You are turning into the politically correct puritan that your political class is leading you. We are tribal beings us humans and we like to stand by our national identities, we should therefore be prepared to take criticism and jokes on the chin without squealing "racism" everytime we as a group are criticised.

Churchill is a case in point, no one else makes better one liner jibes at groups or individuals according to their views, race or religion and still you cannot pin the word "racist" on him.
                That's why I didn't call him a racist. Not too difficult a concept, is it DA?

He is a bit one dimensional in his stereotyping of Scots, so I'm supposed to take it on the chin and not retort to a point of view that to me is blatantly untrue, and clearly biased - I'll take them if they're given tongue in cheek or as the usual Auld Enemies banter - but in his case they're not. He just regurgitates tired old stereotypes which have no basis in fact. He's obviously got some kind of personal agenda when it comes to Scots, fair enough, but when you make derogatory, and they are derogatory, comments then expect to get a response.

Not quite sure where your argument is leading DA, since I initially started off agreeing with your post - and added to it, as well as commenting on the irony of a thread on this board calling Aussies sexist. Kind of refutes your accusations somewhat, no?

Comment

That's why I didn't call him a racist. Not too difficult a concept, is it DA?

He is a bit one dimensional in his stereotyping of Scots, so I'm supposed to take it on the chin and not retort to a point of view that to me is blatantly untrue, and clearly biased - I'll take them if they're given tongue in cheek or as the usual Auld Enemies banter - but in his case they're not. He just regurgitates tired old stereotypes which have no basis in fact. He's obviously got some kind of personal agenda when it comes to Scots, fair enough, but when you make derogatory, and they are derogatory, comments then expect to get a response.

Not quite sure where your argument is leading DA, since I initially started off agreeing with your post - and added to it, as well as commenting on the irony of a thread on this board calling Aussies sexist. Kind of refutes your accusations somewhat, no?
                  I am taking issue (like Churchill) with your assertion that this site is full of racist bigots. It isnt. There are of course one or two racists that come on here but they tend to get shot down. There are however one or two (that silly bird sandydown being a prime example) who seem to think that even discussing race is tantamount to racism.

I suggest that you a) you dont fall into that trap, and b) dont let Churchill wind you up.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    I am taking issue (like Churchill) with your assertion that this site is full of racist bigots. It isnt. There are of course one or two racists that come on here but they tend to get shot down. There are however one or two (that silly bird sandydown being a prime example) who seem to think that even discussing race is tantamount to racism.

I suggest that you a) you dont fall into that trap, and b) dont let Churchill wind you up.
                    Well as I stated there is, and has been for years, a steady stream of racist post's and comments on this site. That's a fact. Do I think the site is full of racists, no but I think there are a few more than I'd expect to normally see and I suspect that there are a few less people from different backgrounds than I'd expect for that same reason - they're probably put off by the level of casual racism exhibit on this board.

And b. No, Churchill doesn't wind me up - he's something to dig at when the working day is going slower than normal. I'd respect him a bit more if he could put up an argument, but he just keeps ducking them.

Comment

I do. If you're inferring that this forum is a den of racism, then I think you're completely wrong.
                      Snaw is implying. You are inferring.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X