• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I a bar steward? Serious question here...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    In a 50s fertility study in the USA involving 1000s of parents, by chance they found out around a fifth of children are not the offspring of their marital father. All similar studies since have come up with almost exactly the same percentage.
    Yes, I seem to remember a similar study in Oxfordshire with those sort of results (based on blood samples or dna tests or something rather than what people said). I cant find the details off hand though. But the answer is that *if* there is something, then you are not alone by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      To dwell in the past leads to a vacant future

Your life is today and all of your tomorrows

Do not let the past lay a burden on you that will be difficult to carry into your future

Lighten the load and move swiftly toward a happier tomorrow.
      Those that do not learn from history are bankrupt of knowledge, and doomed to make the same mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
        Those that do not learn from history are bankrupt of knowledge, and doomed to make the same mistakes.
        Learn but do not dwell

There is no going back, only forward

That's enough philosophical cr@p from me, I'm off to price a job
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          Learn but do not dwell

There is no going back, only forward

That's enough philosophical cr@p from me, I'm off to price a job
          As a diver, do you price jobs as depth * time * hourly rate? Or is it more complicated than that?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
            As a diver, do you price jobs as depth * time * hourly rate? Or is it more complicated than that?
            Daily rate + Transport + Consumables/Expenses + Difficulty/Danger + or - how much I want the job
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
            X