• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why are moths attracted to bright lights?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Why don't ducks and pigeons do it then smartass?
    Because, dimwitted tramp's todger, they use landmarks, scent, temperature, and (it's thought) magnetic "pathways". Learnt that at school, too. Attending on Saturdays and Sundays has not paid dividends for you, has it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
      Because, dimwitted tramp's todger, they use landmarks, scent, temperature, and (it's thought) magnetic "pathways". Learnt that at school, too. Attending on Saturdays and Sundays has not paid dividends for you, has it?
      dimwitted tramp's todger! <-- I may plagiarize that regularly

I left school at 14. I started working part time when I was 12. Didn't have much energy left over for school. But I do know why moths etc. are attracted to light, and the navigational abilities of birds fish, sea and land mammals and the current theories pertaining to these extraordinary abilities

I just thought my response was funny
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        I went to school too, but didn't use the Moon. I sometimes navigate using the Moon in the car though.
        so that's where it goes to.

Comment

dimwitted tramp's todger! <-- I may plagiarize that regularly

I left school at 14. I started working part time when I was 12. Didn't have much energy left over for school. But I do know why moths etc. are attracted to light, and the navigational abilities of birds fish, sea and land mammals and the current theories pertaining to these extraordinary abilities

I just thought my response was funny
          I like you again.

Comment

I like you again.
            I wouldn't mind ducks and pigeons flying round my light bulbs.
            Freezer would always be full

Comment

I wouldn't mind ducks and pigeons flying round my light bulbs.
              Freezer would always be full
              As a vegetarian, I take offence to that! Mind you, duck is fantastic! So's beef, lamb, pork, veal, pheasant, hare, rabbit... hmmm.

Comment

As a vegetarian, I take offence to that! Mind you, duck is fantastic! So's beef, lamb, pork, veal, pheasant, hare, rabbit... hmmm.
                I once swallowed a large moth.
                I was on a motorbike in the fast lane when it hit the back of my throat, it was swallow or choke.

They taste foul, trust me >shudder<

Comment

Why do moths fly towards the light ?
                  as with most things in the animal kingdom it comes down to reproduction.

Boy moth meets girl moth in a dark garden, boy moth says
                  'hey baby, fancy a sh@g'
                  girl moth 'you gotta be kidding, we only just met'
                  boy moth 'come on , you know you want it'
                  girl moth 'Like yeah. I dont even know what you look like. Come and step over into the light'

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                  X