• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What Will Your Next Car Be..?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting tempted by the idea of a Caterham, or maybe one of the bike engined Westfields.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Considering a supercar now costs half as much as a bedsit above a crack den in Hackney, who can blame them!
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I have just gone back to a Mondeo, as the leasing company don't care if it is returned to them looking like a jalopy
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          I'm getting tempted by the idea of a Caterham, or maybe one of the bike engined Westfields.
          Not a Vectra? CaterhamMan or WestfieldsMan don't scan very well.

MiniMan sounds good though.

Comment

No idea.

Depends what they sell in NZ.

Here's a spooky thing..whilst typing this had a call from Ford Sales..."we notice that your car is getting on a bit and wondered if you'd like a new one."

How strange it that ?

I replied "Unless it's going to implode, I can't see any need to replace it before emigrating. And even if I did, I'd buy a rusty old banger to get me by."

Which does make me wonder, I wonder what cars they sell in NZ ?

Probably lots of cheap Jap cars, being so close Japan I guess. I only ever hear good things about the well made Jap cars...
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

2 y/o Range Rover Sport HST or a Full Fat Range Rover.

Unless it all goes horribly wrong in which case i'm stuck with my 11 year old Golf for another year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dante View Post
                2 y/o Range Rover Sport HST or a Full Fat Range Rover.

Unless it all goes horribly wrong in which case i'm stuck with my 11 year old Golf for another year.
                I'd go with the Sport (HSE?). It looks loads nicer IMO.

Comment

TVR Tuscan Speed 6

"Swordfish" chameleon paint scheme, HydraTrack, 380 bhp, 0-100mph in 8.9s
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    So sas, you admit you are mean with money, you never go down the pub and now you are too tight and boring to own another car.

At least you have your mates like bag-o-pus eh?

I use my money on things/experiences that gratify me and to make more money.
                    Cars, alcohol etc etc are boring and passe.

HTH
                    Oh and I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty screwdriver than be Bagpuss mate
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                      TVR Tuscan Speed 6

"Swordfish" chameleon paint scheme, HydraTrack, 380 bhp, 0-100mph in 8.9s
                      WTF is "HydraTrack"?

Comment

Working...
                      X