• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What time do you get in to work?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Back to the original question, I often wear a suit, because you can get away with more if you look smart.
    I actually wear jeans on a friday because that is "dress-down" day and if I wore smart business clothes I would feel out of fplace
    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

For those service workers who have to be at t'mill for 9am we salute you

Factory workers, Cleaners, Shop workers, Call centre workers, Recruitment consultants, they all do a marvelous job. Where would we be without them?

These salt of the earth types are what make Great Britain great!

Marvelous

The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
        I start at 8 so I can finish at 3.
        yep an you still got loads of time to do stuff like, enjoy your evening!
        cut me - ill bleed rosso red

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          No it usually means that you have little respect for the people you work with (unless they all wear similar to you) and the company you are working for.
          You do talk rubbish DA... I suppose it comes naturally being an agent...
          Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Unless you are female of course
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

mon: up at 04.00 in at 09.30 out at 19.30
              tue: up at 07.00 in at 08.00 out at 19.00
              wed: up at 07.00 in at 08.00 out at 19.00
              thu: up at 07.00 in at 08.00 out at 16.00
              fri: home.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post

BTW, who wears suits these days?
                People who have to deal with people in suits.

I think (and I'm pretty sure this isn't universal judging by a few folks attitude here) that you should endeavor to get along with the folk you're working with. If they are all wearing suits then it's going to make them uncomfortable if you're in jeans & a megadeath t-shirt.

That being said, I tend to only wear a tie for initial meetings. Some banks are funny about dress code, some are very relaxed.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

There is a definite sexisim in the work place when it comes to the attire of women. The last place I worked you had to wear a collar and smart trousers, no jeans. The women did not have to wear a collar and often turned up in very casual clothes.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
                    You do talk rubbish DA... I suppose it comes naturally being an agent...
                    You wearing what you want is a sign of extreme arrogance, and a show of little respect for others. Gordon Brown does this whenever he attends functions that require "black tie" dress. The reason that people do this is to send out a message that they only do things on their own terms and that they have a chip on their shoulder.

The reason that people wear suits is to conform to an environment in the office or it is to show customers that they respect them.

I had a guy come and see me to redevelop our website. he was so scruffy that I gave him 5 minutes before terminating the meeting. Him dressing in such a manner told me that he was not interested in anything other than himself, which set alarm bells about how he would treat customers.

He may have been brilliant, but so were the other two who at least made the effort to look smart.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

When i go into a client then its about 8am - can get lots done before the permies come around. Go home about 3.30-4 so both times I just miss the rush-hour hotspots (sort of) and I never ever wear a suit.

Comment

Working...
                      X