• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lumbar Puncture

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should have got the nurse to do it - everybody knows they are the best at sticking people...
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      scarping
      scarping
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Basically, I had it done so they can get a clearer indication of what seems to be wrong with me. I've had MRI scans, which do indicate some minor brain scarring, plus over the last 2 years, I've had classic symptoms of MS, so this is to hopefully get a clinical diagnosis.
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Just brought back some horrific memories there.

I had one of those when I was about 7. Still have a vague memory of the pain and discomfort. You can. not. possibly. emphasise. how. bad. that procedure is.

Comment

read this on the train while eating my breakfast butty that made my stomach turn.. not a good start to a friday
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Sorry to hear about that BGG, that was horrific enough to read, let alone experience first person. Hope test results are all clear for you.
              my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Lumbar puncture. OW. OW. OW.

My personal phobia. Never, ever have one if you don't have to. OW. *shudder*

If they go wrong, it's supposed to be catastrophic isn't it?

OW.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorba View Post
                  Lumbar puncture. OW. OW. OW.

My personal phobia. Never, ever have one if you don't have to. OW. *shudder*

If they go wrong, it's supposed to be catastrophic isn't it?

OW.
                  Mine is having bone marrow taken from the spine. I stopped donating blood after seeing this on telly.

Good luck with the results BGG.

Comment

BGG

I think you are VERY brave! When I had my daughter I had to have a spinal block and I was having nightmares for about a week before, to the point where the anaesthetist actually discussed a general with me as I was convinced I would be too panicked to sit still, just the whole idea of going into my spine and the possible complications terrified me. As it was it were fine but still the thought makes me go cold.

An LP is scary beyond belief!

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                      Mine is having bone marrow taken from the spine. I stopped donating blood after seeing this on telly.
                      OW. OWWW! My phobia has just changed to that one, with a lumbar puncture. OW!

OW!

P.S. Good luck boardgamegeek - forgot to say it before.
                      (Off topic - is it classic board games only or have you ever dabbled in the lead soldier type?)

Comment

Working...
                      X