• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fillet Steaks!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the best/healthiest way of cooking them?

BEEFEATER STEAKHOUSE

Life's too short

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box View Post
      I had dinner at Rodizio Rico at the weekend so I'm probably not an unbiased source of information regarding meat.
      Indeed, the meat there is of indifferent quality and not particularly well cooked.

Comment

Originally posted by arthur_cider View Post
        What's the best/healthiest way of cooking them?

BEEFEATER STEAKHOUSE

Life's too short
        to eat garbage like that

Comment

Grill em. The only way you can go wrong is if you do something stupid like boiling or microwaving (no tasty carcinogenic cooking molecules released) and would be a waste of a good steak. Use tin foil to avoid washing-up and consider the use of a small amount of salt if you’re into fancy cooking and preparation. Anything more is a waste of time and effort. Consider preparing some vegetables, to meet your 5 a day (yeah right) but don’t dwell on it; instead resolve to make up for it at the next meal, next week etc.

Comment

Well wow - that was the nicest Steak I have ever cooked! (And yes, the Steak was that nice it's getting a capital letter!)

That pan to oven thing worked a treat, but the absolutely key was the wrapping in foil and leaving for 10 mins. I'd never have thought to do that. They were so unbelievably juicy and tender. And cooked to perfection!!

I'd have ideally liked the outside to be crispy...in an ideal world....but I'm not sure how I'd accomplish that after wrapping them up.

Anyway, thank you very much to Weltchy and LB and everyone else who offerred advice.
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
              Well wow - that was the nicest Steak I have ever cooked! (And yes, the Steak was that nice it's getting a capital letter!)

That pan to oven thing worked a treat, but the absolutely key was the wrapping in foil and leaving for 10 mins. I'd never have thought to do that. They were so unbelievably juicy and tender. And cooked to perfection!!

I'd have ideally liked the outside to be crispy...in an ideal world....but I'm not sure how I'd accomplish that after wrapping them up.

Anyway, thank you very much to Weltchy and LB and everyone else who offerred advice.
              You could try searing it again after it has rested... Sort of Chateaubriand stylee?

Comment

Hey - I thought you posted this steak thread for me

Also you are on slimfast ... you are not allowed to enjoy food

Just kidding, glad you saw the light

Comment

If you want your steak with eggs, then poach the eggs rather than frying them.

An egg contains less fat than a steak, so you're lowering the overall fat content. And they're low in carb if you're into an atkins type diet.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    If you want your steak with eggs, then poach the eggs rather than frying them.

An egg contains less fat than a steak, so you're lowering the overall fat content. And they're low in carb if you're into an atkins type diet.
                    I never got into poaching eggs thing, they just taste watery to me... I liked them either fried or boiled... mind you I saw a really good tip (by Sadie Frost) beat the eggs and add herbs and a drop of Olive Oil, put them in one of those little oven creme brulee containers (big enough for one egg) and bake in the oven...

Comment

With all this talk about steak yesterday, I went and bought me a nice cut of fillet and two nice portabello mushrooms, all ready for an evening in tonight as the missus is off in swindon on training.

Comment

Working...
                      X