• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BTL - Oh Dear

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
    'I'm at a desperate stage. I've lost an enormous amount of money - about £14,000.
    I think it says a lot that she thinks 14K is an enormous amount of money.

tim

Comment

Here's a radical concept - how about living in it herself? Duh.

Anyway, I'm surprised Mr Prawn hasn't yet been on to say that we're booming or something despite all this hoo hah
      We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
      - Douglas Adams

Comment

So she bought a BTL, her boyfriend already has some BTL properties and yet she now doubts they can afford to buy a house of their own? This is what happens when people don’t get their priorities right, shirley getting a roof over your own head should be top of anyone’s list? Greedy feckers… burn them.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
          It has greatly affected our chances of being able to buy a house of our own now,
          And now I read the next bit :-(.

Um, you have a house of you own, why not just live in it.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
            Here's a radical concept - how about living in it herself? Duh.

Anyway, I'm surprised Mr Prawn hasn't yet been on to say that we're booming or something despite all this hoo hah
            Boomed!

HTH

Comment

What are the news on that debt bint from BBC?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Boomed!

HTH

What is that you are smoking?
                We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
                - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
                  What is that you are smoking?
                  Is smoking on a public BB illegal now?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                    But shirley, prices will rise again one day, especially with all the immigrants pouring into the country and needing a roof over their heads. And what about all those BBC staff moving into Manchester?

Couldn't she just think of it as a pension fund that she sticks 900 quid a month into?

She's relatively young, and 30 years down the road the capital gains will outperform most low-risk investments.
                    If it was me and I could take a 14K hit now I'd jump ship like a rat up a drainpipe, I suspect she'll have to take a bigger loss than 14K to bale out. Throwing good money after bad IMHO.

Comment

I'm waiting for the beeb to publish the weekly diaries whilst the debt management companies start to circle.

The woes of being 'asset rich but cash poor' or not as the case may be.

She is Sayara Beg and I claim my five food stamps

Comment

Working...
                      X