• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS/Halifax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    but we are tolerant, our history has depended on it.
    can you give me an example where our history has depended on tolerance? (not taking the tulip, genuinely want to know)

i know we have had many tolerant administrations in our history so must be plenty of examples (but what politicians say in public and what actually happens doesn't always map).. obviously, invading and subsequently controlling one quarter of the globe is not a great example of tolerance.

your point about the muslim attitude reinforces what i think - they are intolerant (don't want to change for us) and so are we (don't want them unless they change for us).

Comment

i'd love to get amongst it in the middle east, yeah i'd follow their rules.. only then would i feel equipped to judge them
      Doesnt seem like they are very tolerant.... making you change.

Comment

can you give me an example where our history has depended on tolerance?
        Can a Muslim girl wear her traditional garment in Oxford St? Can a western girl were a bikini in the main street of Tehran?

Comment

So our education system is OK then? You are happy to avail yourself of that. Why didn't you leave before, was it OK in the UK when they started school? If so what has caused the decline (in your opinion)?
          My kids go to private school
          Not the education system that's keeping me, kids at this age can't live without their friends/ b/f or g/f

Comment

kids at this age can't live without their friends/ b/f or g/f
            Hyperbole alert!!

Comment

Originally posted by barry_abs View Post
              can you give me an example where our history has depended on tolerance? (not taking the tulip, genuinely want to know)

i know we have had many tolerant administrations in our history so must be plenty of examples (but what politicians say in public and what actually happens doesn't always map).. obviously, invading and subsequently controlling one quarter of the globe is not a great example of tolerance.

your point about the muslim attitude reinforces what i think - they are intolerant (don't want to change for us) and so are we (don't want them unless they change for us).
              Take too long to answer all this. We didnt invade 3/4 of the known world we colonised it and there is a big difference. We imported peoples and cultures from those colonies too.
              Ancient wars were a product of their time, not necessarily the people.
              Any number of outsiders have settled the UK, some have even invaded it and held it by force till the natives calmed down.
              Vikings, Normans even those damned Picts.

Missed a bit.
              We don't want Muslims to change anymore than we would expect any migrant to change. It is not a tolerance thing, there is an expected standard of behaviour when entering any other community.
              Last edited by The Lone Gunman; 29 October 2007, 13:40.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
                My kids go to private school
                Not the education system that's keeping me, kids at this age can't live without their friends/ b/f or g/f
                Sorry Sandy, now you are making excuses. Whenever they leave they will have to leave their friends.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Maybe she is just concerned that her daughter will get raped and when unable to provide 2 witnesses.. he will get off.. and she will be executed?

Fair enough really... its a pretty rubbish situation.

Comment

Sorry Sandy, now you are making excuses. Whenever they leave they will have to leave their friends.
                    Oh yeh... why haven't I thought of this - perhaps you convince them of this yourself.... now you know when I say people who have no kids just have no idea

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
                      Oh yeh... why haven't I thought of this - perhaps you convince them of this yourself.... now you know when I say people who have no kids just have no idea
                      excuses.
                      If the UK is as bad as you say then why are you willing to inflict it on your kids. Surely if you care about them you would not want them exposed to such a degenerate and dangerous society.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Working...
                      X