• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What car to buy next?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoes View Post
    What's wrong with a boxster S?
    Nothing, if you want a poor mans porsche. You could get a fair 911 for the same money.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I would get:

Vovlo V70
      Honda Accord Tourer EX

Both nice choices.
      Last edited by Sockpuppet; 27 October 2007, 18:00.

Comment

Mercedes AMG C32, I bought a second hand 01 plate £18.5k, verrryyy fast, de-badged so everyone thinks its just a C180 though the exhaust note and wheels give it away a bit, when I bought mine the previous owner had had the 155mph limiter removed. Personnally I wouldnt buy new unless thats what you really want. .

Video (not me by the way) http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...arch&plindex=4

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
          I would get:

Vovlo V70
          Honda Accord Tourer EX

Both nice choices.
          I drive the xc70, amrchair on wheels, lovely. Saving up for a db9 after hiring one for a couple of days, such amazing car.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MobileCheese View Post
            Mercedes AMG C32, I bought a second hand 01 plate £18.5k, verrryyy fast, de-badged so everyone thinks its just a C180 though the exhaust note and wheels give it away a bit, when I bought mine the previous owner had had the 155mph limiter removed. Personnally I wouldnt buy new unless thats what you really want. .

Video (not me by the way) http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...arch&plindex=4
            I've got one of them which I bought new in 2002 and am selling it soon as I think I'll get a new one. Not a bad car but I've had a few problems such as already on the second engine, 3rd set of front discs, etc. Saw the new C63 the other day which is loud and fast.
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Get a Lotus Elise

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                Under £35k new, a broad range (i.e. some are v.impractical):

BMW 330i M Sport
                Audi A5
                BMW Z4 Coupe
                BMW Z4 Roadster
                Lotus Europa
                Lotus Exige
                Caterham 7 Superlight
                Westfield SEiGHT
                Honda S2000
                I'm wrestling with a dilemma .. Being a tight git and begrudging this government any taxation I should be either riding me bike or driving as fuel-efficient a vehicle as possible.
                The trouble is that as a successful contractor, life’s little luxuries are the reward for putting up with Permie *******.
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

How many times do I have to say it? ALL CARS ARE GAY. Real men drive vans.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                  X