• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mid Thirties Crisis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like crisis over.

Everyone, back to normal alert level - 'Furious Invoicing'.
    Last edited by Zorba; 24 October 2007, 16:27. Reason: Added the word 'furious' to reinforce the point.

Comment

Im like that all the time and im only 27 !

The money doesnt motivate me either. I prefer the time off enjoying life.
      I havent worked a 5 day week for the last 3 months. Just cant be bothered.

At the moment im just happy ticking over rather than saving and being rich......as long as i make enough to cover my bills and have a few grand left over as excess to blow on having a good time im not bothered.

You only live once. You cant get back time but you can get back money! thats my moto.
      Keep it clean!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maxamus View Post
        Im like that all the time and im only 27 !

The money doesnt motivate me either. I prefer the time off enjoying life.
        I havent worked a 5 day week for the last 3 months. Just cant be bothered.

At the moment im just happy ticking over rather than saving and being rich......as long as i make enough to cover my bills and have a few grand left over as excess to blow on having a good time im not bothered.

You only live once. You cant get back time but you can get back money! thats my moto.
        As long as you're happy, we're cool. The point was to get Milan back on his feet and crank the engine a bit.

(I too like the odd day off - especially if as a permy I would have already used my holiday allowance!)

Comment

thanks for the moral, spiritual and psychological help all

feet firmly back on the pedals

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

I have to admit though, I would rather have these fruits and less time to enjoy them than be like yourself and have no fruit

Milan.
            I have enough fruits and I have actually enjoyed them. You are not going to enjoy them in the grave so you better hurry up in the last shreds of your youth before they'll go down with you.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Team,

I took a few days off, to rest and do the things normal people do cos I been doing a million hours this year,

and flippin' 'eck, maybe I shouldn't have taken time off, cos I can't back into me work.

'spose I'll get back into it in the end, and it pays the bills and there's no other way to pay the bills so that's life I guess for all of us.

Never had these thoughts before, anyone else ever feel they've had enough ?

Milan.
              Daily, I hate work... but I love the money
              Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Team,

I took a few days off, to rest and do the things normal people do cos I been doing a million hours this year,

and flippin' 'eck, maybe I shouldn't have taken time off, cos I can't back into me work.

'spose I'll get back into it in the end, and it pays the bills and there's no other way to pay the bills so that's life I guess for all of us.

Never had these thoughts before, anyone else ever feel they've had enough ?

Milan.

Like a good meal life is full of flavours however the taste will be lost on you unless you don't try something else on the menu... and my the menu is full of flavours...

Do something unexpected before you reply to this thread.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Like a good meal life is full of flavours however the taste will be lost on you unless you don't try something else on the menu....
                  Like squirrels?
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                    Like squirrels?
                    What's got a hazelnut in every bite?

Comment

Zorba your avatar reminds me of MF, only his baby is cute

I actually know this American nutter who lives the hunter gatherer life-style in his back garden, pretends he is a stone age man and goes in his backyard and hunts stuff to eat, he often hunts squirrels skins them and BBQ squirrels to eat, then posts photos for everyone to see

Guys who wont to retire @ 40, hehe just you wait till your kiddos are a bit older, its like a bottomless pit !!

Comment

Working...
                      X