• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie keeners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a permie, 8 - 5.15pm. I slog my guts out on Mon - Weds (inc unpaid overtime if necessary) because if I don't get everything on the system, people don't get paid and I get a load of earache on Friday.

To balance it out, I slack like a pro on Thurs and Fri

Hevra

Comment

He also says goodbye to people on the phone in a baby voice, his mum makes his sandwiches. I keep thinking 'Bitty'

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
      Maybe he's the one doing all the work you are supposed to be doing. Well done! 10 points & a skiing trip at Xmas.
      Do you know me? Seriously, they are mainly very young here and inexperienced, so I doubt he's holding the company together
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 23 October 2007, 12:23.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

'You hang up'
        'No, you hang up'
        'I hung up first last time'
        ''kay, bye bye, I love you'
        'You didn't hang up'
        'You hang up'

etc etc

Hevra

Comment

He does the lovey dovey with his g/f who works in the same dept, but he also says the baby goodbye to everyone, it's rather disturbing
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Guy who sits next to me, gets in at 730am and works until 7pm, bearing in mind it's 36.5 hour week here. He works non-stop all day every day, and takes no more than 15 minutes in breaks.

How is it possible to be so keen? He must love his job.
            Maybe he's in love with you.

Comment

I always thing: don't these people have stuff to do outside work? Personally, I have a thousand (ok slight exaggeration, 950) things to be doing

Comment

dont worry baggy, he'll wake up one day and realise he will never get further up the ladder by impressing people with hard effort and long hrs, it's all down to being shrewd and ensuring your actually worth something to the company (if permie), or simply get the job done and dont bitch (if contractor)
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  or simply get the job done and dont bitch (if contractor)

Yes, I come on here for my cat fights. It's more camp on here than Butlins

'Clearly'

Comment

I've seen a number of such over keen permies, and even some contractors. One of their worst traits is working when they are ill, thus infecting otherwise healthy contractors who then cannot bill for a day or two while they recover.
                    Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      Do you know me?
                      If I knew you, I'd be too out of it on lighter fluid and Harpic to be able to post on CUK!

Comment

Working...
                      X