• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changed my avatar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whilst on Honeymoon we would be walking on the beeches....hot sand, warm sea water, boiling sun me and my wife wearing hardly any cloths yet you would see many muslim women wearing burka's and they must have been hot...i do feel sorry for them in some kind of way but i know it's a strong religion belief.
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      I was in Dubai a few years ago and remember thinking how do the kids know which one is their Mam? Couldn't get my head around it at all....
      It is wierd like!!

I mean, I'm all for cultural difference and stuff, and I'm not in the slightest bit religious, so noone elses offend me or owt (I just think everyone is mad!)...but I dont get the whole Niqab/burka thing. It's just wierd!!
      Last edited by SallyAnne; 19 October 2007, 08:04.
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
        Whilst on Honeymoon we would be walking on the beeches....hot sand, warm sea water, boiling sun me and my wife wearing hardly any cloths yet you would see many muslim women wearing burka's and they must have been hot...i do feel sorry for them in some kind of way but i know it's a strong religion belief.
        On the beach?

No way!!
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
          On the beach?

No way!!
          In Dubai they got in the pool - all covered up.... It was kinda sad really but if they are that into their religion, then I guess it's what they have to do!
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
            about time!!! am coming out
            I like it.

It really brings out your eyes.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

In Dubai they got in the pool - all covered up.... It was kinda sad really but if they are that into their religion, then I guess it's what they have to do!
              You can buy a bhurkini for Muslim women to go swimming in.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                I like it.

It really brings out your eyes.
                . . . and really hides the munters!
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                  On the beach?

No way!!
                  watching them eat is strange as well....one hand on the fork the other lifting the burka up so they don't catch it on the food as they put it in their mouth.... I don't agree with it but i am also not the slightest bit relgious.
                  Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Are you kidding?!!! It'd be like doing your survival badge every time you went for a dip!

You wouldn't treat animals like that - these women need rescueing by us sexed and coked up westerners!
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Surely there must be a place where they can all go and catch some rays and have a dip in a pool.... Sounds like a missed oppertunity to me...

They must be really good swimmers if they have to wear it in the water...

Comment

Working...
                      X