• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Obesity 'not individuals' fault'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be interested to understand who's fault exactly they think it is....
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      What a load of bollocks. Another nail in the coffin of reason, responsibility and common sense.
      The good (or bad) news is that in 20 years I will be the only slim, non-smoker, moderate drinker left and will therefore be a celebrity.
      Don't forget the celibacy... avoids all those sexually transmitted diseases.

Comment

"I'm not overweight, I just have podgy bones" - Tony, Men Behaving Badly
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

All this crap about the cost to NHS but as they die younger they draw pensions for fewer years so is there a real net cost? if not, then piss off government. Whatever happened to personal freedom?

If we really want to stop wasting money we should cut some of the overpaid public sector parasites that dream up these daft policies.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Food is fuel, therefore it makes sense to add 80% fuel duty to food.

Only fair.

Comment

What are they going to tax, anyway?

Comment

So by the same argument drinking and driving is no one's fault?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  The good (or bad) news is that in 20 years I will be the only slim, non-smoker, moderate drinker left and will therefore be a celebrity.
                  You already are a celebrity sg, just not for the reasons you imagine.
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Food is fuel, therefore it makes sense to add 80% fuel duty to food.

Only fair.
                    Exactly. This obesity thing is the greatest tax-raising possibility to face the world since Global Warming...............oops I mean the greatest PROBLEM facing the world since Global Warming.
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Why not cut off all the council houses from the national grid and put a treadmill in each home? If they want turkey twizzlers and X-factor on Saturday night they can bloody well work for it.
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X