• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Something is eating space on my hd...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch to AVG?
    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Or AVAST.....
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
        Or AVAST.....

Gaarrrrgh, Talk lioke a pirate day was laaaast month.

Garrrrrrgggggggghhhhhh
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Avast the topgallants, Jim Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad...

Splice the mainbrace...
          You kids...
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by shelby68 View Post
            That's because you’re to busy marveling at how pretty it is to actually notice what’s on the hard drive
            Had my iMac over a year now still purrs like the first day I bought it... My productivity is far better than on the PC, albeit only once I to over the O/S changes

And yes it is pretty :O)
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Not yet - just wait for the new time machine function to start eating your disks!

Oh ZG - it's most likely the space lice, nothing to do with kaspersky.
              If I upgrade I'll switch it off then, besides like most here I sure I backup often to a passive media, don't you?

What the heck are space lice?
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                What the heck are space lice?

These little buggers.

They come from space, and are attracted to spinning lasery disks. They get between the laser and the disk, making it unreadable.

Cunning naming really, they are from space and eat space...
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Nero .iso files can clog up a drive pretty quick, we have several shared PC's here that are used exclusively for burning data and I can only assume that when it asks if you want to save once burned they always say yes.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                  X