• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worst health and safety BS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
    And.... ?
    For me to know and for you to continue to speculate on! Life would be boring if you knew everything.

You will work it out one day.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

BP are the kings of Health and Safety nonsense. Although the 'on point' women who make sure you go through the security barriers at Canary Wharf safely are at least frequently good-looking.

My favourites: the email that reminded you to chew apples properly before swallowing them; and the guy who went to a party and ticked off the host for serving coffee in unlidded cups.

(oddly, I don't remember one about "If you've got a Texan refinery make sure it doesn't keep blowing up and killing people")

Comment

LoL

It made me think that surely if you are taking on staff who don't know the basics, like how to use stairs, then you should really be looking at who you are taking on in the first place. The last time I fell down the stairs was 30 something years ago and that was only to see if I could jump as many as Steve Austin. I couldn't and ended up in hospital for an x-ray. Since then I have actually managed pretty well on the stairs and not fallen down them.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
          All new starters here (even the temp receptionist!!) undergo a mornings' H & S instruction, which includes a half hour video on the correct way to lift boxes.
          that was the same when I was at Esso.
          SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          (whatever these are)

Comment

Next time someone tells you something is a 'health and safety issure', ask them which one it is, health or safety. Should stump them for a moment.

Comment

It can do better than that. In certain sectors you can kill a project (or at least a workstream) stone dead by sitting in the corner of a meeting and going "hmmm....there might be health and safety issues with that". "Data protection issues" works too.

Comment

Lifting restrictions are plain daft. The garden seat that I can easily carry down the garden had a sign on it that said two people were required to turn it over when painting. Brought some patio slabs last year and these hulking great blokes were carrying them to my van one by one.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                X