• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed (yet again, really this time...)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post

If the house prices do fall does that also mean a fall in mortgage interest rates ?
    House prices are the end result not the root cause. Higher rates mean lower house prices as buyers can't afford to borrow so much. Lower rates mean higher prices as because money is cheaper to obtain.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by RightLaugh View Post
      what's wrong with 2 months? Sounds reasonable to me.
      So you sold at 313K and now they're going for 320K.
      So their still rising in your area.
      How is that the top of the market?
      It's still going up.

No, do pay attention - I sold a 1 bed flat, 2 bed flats are 320K - previously they had been going for 360-380k

It should not take two months to go from accepting an offer to completing when neither party is in a chain.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        What’s the big deal? We need this so people will start moving again.
        Nobody will move if prices start going down. Lots of people will try to sell, nobody will buy.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          No, do pay attention - I sold a 1 bed flat, 2 bed flats are 320K - previously they had been going for 360-380k

It should not take two months to go from accepting an offer to completing when neither party is in a chain.
          That's quite a drop, what area do you live? don't worry I won't stalk you at your local Costa.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            That's quite a drop, what area do you live? don't worry I won't stalk you at your local Costa.
            Wimbledon (town end near the northern line)

I've moved closer to the airport/birds work now.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Nobody will move if prices start going down. Lots of people will try to sell, nobody will buy.
              I don’t think this will be long term it’s more of a price correction, as soon as it levels out people will start buying again.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                No, it shouldn't but you can pretty much blame solicitors for the majority of delays involved with most property transactions.

Speediest transaction - 22 days from auction hammer to completion.

Slowest transaction - just over 3 months for a piece of agricultural land.

They are feet dragging numpties; I'm yet to be convinced otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  I don’t think this will be long term it’s more of a price correction, as soon as it levels out people will start buying again.
                  In the late 80s when prices last crashed it took 10 years for them to recover. Why do you think people will be sensible this time? All bubbles always end with panic and overeaction, it's human nature.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

There's plenty of air left in the bubble.

Next month interest rates will be halved as the numpties at New Lie headquarters realise the only way to sustain Brown's miracle long enough to win the next election is to drop interest rates to close to zero.

Then, cheap money will be back on the cards and bog cleaners will again be borrowing millions for nowt.

Now's the perfect time to enter the property market before the real boom takes off.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      In the late 80s when prices last crashed it took 10 years for them to recover. Why do you think people will be sensible this time? All bubbles always end with panic and overeaction, it's human nature.
                      Because this was orchestrated by the B of E and the government, the 80's crash was a result of interest rates going out of control, this time the rates are being controlled to manipulate the market... but don't let this get in the way of having a good old British panic!
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X