• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying complete albums online in WMA format?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying complete albums online in WMA format?

Any suggestions? Anyone sites where you can buy a wide range of music cheaply, and safely, eg, some Russian site or something.

Don't want to pay £10 per album. Rip-off.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Any suggestions? Anyone sites where you can buy a wide range of music cheaply, and safely, eg, some Russian site or something.

Buy... I thought that the internet was only used for two things.... downloading music and p0rn

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Why WMA?

Allofmp3.com or whatever they are calling themselves this month are prob cheapest.

You do know that by not paying full price for your music you are jeopardising future acts being signed?
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7029229.stm

No thanks. I'll pay, if I can. Just £10 an album in the UK is robbery.

Comment

msn.co.uk download service is OK. Albums typically between 5 and 10 quid.
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

though it is a ball ache to put them on the ipod coz you have to burn a cd then rip it as all the wmas are DRM protected.
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Why WMA?

Allofmp3.com or whatever they are calling themselves this month are prob cheapest.

You do know that by not paying full price for your music you are jeopardising future acts being signed?
              That would be my recommendation, but they only do mp3. No idea about WMA - I bought one once but it wouldn't convert to mp3 as it was copy protected, which was a right pain. I ended up burning one song to CD and then ripping it to MP3, which I wouldn't bother with again.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
              X