• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Super rich tax dodging non-doms biggest party donors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
    I think it's more like you set up an overseas trust to own the house. Similar to your solution but without the jail time. Thanks anyway.
    I believe you'll need to raise an offshore loan through your offshore trust, which could be an interesting exercise. And take into account any interest rate movements. But non-doms are too rich for mortgages anyway

Some countries (eg Oz) stop considering you a tax resident after 2 years away, so you can send everything offshore and pay no tax on it if you select the right assets...
    Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Unless you are domiciled here. Where upon ALL income, UK or worldwide is taxable.

So I assume you don't live in the UK at all?
      Do keep up, the thread's about non-domiciles. Sheesh!

And no, I don't live in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Wow, you sound like a financial genius.

The non-doms have a simpler means. Tick one box on your tax return (I am a non-dom) and stop paying tax. Beat that.
        Ask a silly question.....you know the rest.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
        X