• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed! - House prices surge ahead post Northern Rock

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zathras View Post
    Current Property worth magnitudes (well 2 and a half times at the mo') than mortgage!
    Property is only worth what someone has paid you for it.

I had a simular talk with an uncle of mine. Bought place for £55000.00 estate agent says 1.3M, place empty for the last 9 years.

He now says he won't sell for less than 3M
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Price increases assume purchasers have other peoples money to spend or can afford to spend other peoples money. BoE may have set rates at 5.75, but the banks are setting them significantly higher, the cost of money has significantly risen, the rentable values of properties have fallen in real terms.

Purchaser says yes but Computer says no, so how can the boom continue?

This is the End,
      my Buy to let friend, the End,
      The End of rises and mug punters,
      the end of self declaring street cleaners,
      this is the End
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Price increases assume purchasers have other peoples money to spend or can afford to spend other peoples money. BoE may have set rates at 5.75, but the banks are setting them significantly higher, the cost of money has significantly risen, the rentable values of properties have fallen in real terms.

Purchaser says yes but Computer says no, so how can the boom continue?

This is the End,
        my Buy to let friend, the End,
        The End of rises and mug punters,
        the end of self declaring street cleaners,
        this is the End
        Can't wait. It will be time to make a killing
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

The best time to have cash, i.e. when everyone else has none.

Back to the time of proper discounts for hard currency
          Proper interest rates for savings accounts

Roll on the bust
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

'There is clear evidence that disposable incomes are getting squeezed by higher living costs and the credit crunch and possibility of higher mortgage repayments is making consumers increasingly wary. As a result confidence is slipping.'
            b-b-b-but the government says inflation is only 1.8% and is falling like a stone?

Are we being misled?

Comment

Working...
            X