• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I was looking for a job and then I found a job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I think its the bean counters playing safe. They are not approving any new project to start during the last quarter of this year unless someone is prepared to really twist their arm. They are going to sit tight till end of January/Feb. and see what is happening with the economy. It things don't go down the toilet it will be back to business as usual in March.

I will be looking for a new contract then, so it may just be wishfull thinking on my part
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      what are the recession proof skills ?
      .Net obviously, why do you need to ask !?

Comment

oh yeah, silly me

thanks for the reminder

.Net it is, all aboard the <TOOT-TOOT> .Net gravy train.

Milan - .Net - Benes.

Comment

Is it not a bit early to be looking for a Jan start !? I'm back in the world of bog standard '.Net', got out of that new trendy stuff.

Comment

that's it old chap, leave the new fangled stuff for me

:-)

not too early to look for a jan 2008 start, why not nail it down sooner rather than later ? anyway first need to findout what this lot want to do after the end of the year

don't forget if it isn't nailed down by the end of November nothing will happen in December

Milan.

Comment

what are the recession proof skills ?
              Tape changing.

HTH
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

sorteeeed,

poput the questions to the chiefs, they said that for sure they're gonna need the benes tape changing talents well into 2008.

nice.

everybody, please stay away from the new fangled stuff and leave it all for me.

Milan.

Comment

sorteeeed,

poput the questions to the chiefs, they said that for sure they're gonna need the benes tape changing talents well into 2008.

nice.

everybody, please stay away from the new fangled stuff and leave it all for me.

Milan.
                  Do you run training courses? I've never changed a tape, and the idea of a niche skill that means I'll always be in demand is appealing.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

'and the idea of a niche skill that means I'll always be in demand is appealing',

ahhh,

then you pal, you need to get into .Net

these days, .Net and you're sorteeeeeeeed

Ask DimPrawn he gets massive rates and long contracts
                    from .Net

plenty of room, up you come, all aboard the <TOOT-TOOT> .Net gravy train

Milan.

Comment

Milan,

Come the day of reckoning your new wonder skill may be the first to go !? It couldn't cope at my last place, they tuned it, retuned it, fiddled with it, refiddled with it, still no good when put to the test. I'll be plodding along in my old steam engine on at least 10 quid an hour.

Roots

Comment

Working...
                      X