• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If I had a dog I'd kick it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
    Pi$$ taking aside...I haven't been there for about 10 years...wasn't too keen then...

Worked in Leeds last summer, and just thought the over-development and style of architecture being built was awful - imagined Manchester would be similar? Is that the case?

I kinda like it when I get work there

Comment

If I had a dog I'd kick it
      Is this a new Katie Melulelelulah song?
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Not from London...and just winding you lot up
        Damn, its working too....
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

nah... trad arr by simon and garfunkel

Comment

Pi$$ taking aside...I haven't been there for about 10 years...wasn't too keen then...

Worked in Leeds last summer, and just thought the over-development and style of architecture being built was awful - imagined Manchester would be similar? Is that the case?
            It is full of developments, but luckily they have been cutting a swathe through the not so nice areas and really transforming them. The Northern Quarter is as bohemian as anything you will find in London. At least you had been, people too radily slag off places they have never been to. Before I ever lived in the south east (south east outside of the city) I was expecting some kind of utopia based on the 'propoganda' of those who lived there,but, it really is a case of the emperors new clothes, reinforced by many who have not moved out of their geographical comfort zone yet seem to think everywhere else is worse, well it isn't, and in many cases it's better.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I thought Manchester would be a sh1t hole from all the stories and north south banter.

Had 2 relocate there 2 years ago and could not believe it, absolutely loved the place. Had an apartment on deans gate and worked in king street. don't knock it until you have actually been. Pisses all over London and I'm a southerner!
              l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
                I thought Manchester would be a sh1t hole from all the stories and north south banter.

Had 2 relocate there 2 years ago and could not believe it, absolutely loved the place. Had an apartment on deans gate and worked in king street. don't knock it until you have actually been. Pisses all over London and I'm a southerner!
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post

woo hoo - good on ya!
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

A lot of contractors working in Manchester as well it would seem...there many IT jobs up there?

Comment

last contract was 14 months working from home

this contract is in Reading.. 5 days a week in a concrete jungle

there is a steady stream of work around, M4 corridor has far more opportunities, but given that 90% of people doing what i do are based below the Watford Gap then there's far less competition
                      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                      X