• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Foreigners must be credited for Britain economic success

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Romans did, though, get rid of (for a while, at least) the bleedin' stupid Druids.

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
      The Romans did, though, get rid of (for a while, at least) the bleedin' stupid Druids.
      Thought they went to Anglesey for the duration
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        The Druids were, finally, driven to Angelsey (the nerve centre of Druidism). They thought that Anglesey was holy, and thus protected from all invaders. Not one of 'em survived.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          What's one of them?

Can I have one?

If they're free can I have two?

Comment

Who's to say we wouldn't have got better systems albeit a bit later on?

See our railway system for a good example of being at the forefront at the time and now at the back end.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              What's one of them?

Can I have one?

If they're free can I have two?
              eh?
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
              X