• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone ever seen a ghost?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
    He's living in your loft, I think you'll find.
    Like that Japanese film The Grudge?

Nah - I converted the loft so he can't be there.
    Back at the coal face

Comment

Originally posted by al_cam View Post
      Like that Japanese film The Grudge?

Nah - I converted the loft so he can't be there.
      Under the bed? Hopefully not in it.

Comment

Considering that the number of dead folk is vastly greater than the number of living folk, and that ghost pets have been seen, etc. Why the fook isn't the planet teeming with phantasms, sprectres, etc.? Because there is no such thing as a ghost, but the loony bins are never empty. Draw your own conclusions.

Comment

It is believed that 106,000,000,000 people have died over the course of history. If 1 in a million become ghosts, that's still a lot of ghosts!

Comment

I've seen a ghost. This fit bird down the pub. I asked her for some rough and tumble and she simply disappeared without a trace. Spooky.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
              Next time try shouting "F*** 0** Cowie, ya dead tw@", (just to see if anything untoward happens as a result, and for a bit of a laugh).
              No need for that - he wasn't a recruitment agent.
              Back at the coal face

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                The one with someone who used to be famous as Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

And someone even more obscure who used to be an Alien (always a good thing).
                Yes, same film, but the Japanese original is actually quite scary.
                Back at the coal face

Comment

<deleted>
                  Last edited by Bwana; 2 June 2022, 16:57.
                  Bwana

Comment

Originally posted by Bwana View Post
                    Does the lack of convincing images of ghosts on the web add weight to the argument that ghosts don't actually exist?
                    "Add weight to the argument"?

That suggests that it is necessary to prove they do not exist. I would suggest the argument is the other way around: prove they do exist.

You will never gather sufficient evidence to prove they do not exist. That's silly.

(And none to prove they do, either.)
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

<deleted>
                      Last edited by Bwana; 2 June 2022, 16:57.
                      Bwana

Comment

Working...
                      X