• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Famous Welsh phrases or sayings...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is this thread meant to show that our leek munching sheep botherers are a little on the thick side?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      Whilst I was in Cardiff if I ventured into the wrong pub I often heard "get out you English *******"
      Watch out Troll will have you believe that was a public house in Scotty land you walked into
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        So is this thread meant to show that our leek munching sheep botherers are a little on the thick side?
        Just if your a contractor and you find yourself working in leek munching sheep country, that we might prepare a pocket guide for our fellow contractors.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I heard that if they see you 'reading' that in those parts they burnt you for being some sort of witch.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I heard that if they see you 'reading' that in those parts they burnt you for being some sort of witch.
            reading what?
            Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

"prepare a pocket guide"

I preferred version 1!

Comment

"prepare a pocket guide"
                ahh, got you now.

But you were wrong about the witches, we like our pagan rituals in this part of the world - you know where you can go with your new fangled christianity relegions....

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
                  reading what?
                  Anything.

Do Bluebird programs have words in them?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    "Shut that door open"

or

"Who belongs to this"

Ah the linguistic challenges of working in Wales...
                    "Oi Jones the perv, get your dick out of my sheep!"

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                      Anything.

Do Bluebird programs have words in them?

yep, and loose change sellotaped inside for chucking opposition fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X