• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DBA,

why is that an Oh Dear, or need I ask as it is the standard kind of rhetoric that comes from a typical DBA_Bloke !

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      DBA,

why is that an Oh Dear, or need I ask as it is the standard kind of rhetoric that comes from a typical DBA_Bloke !

Milan.
      I added a bit: feel free to vent away. Ta. And as for FFJ: a bunch of muppets, sad-arses and dregs-tastic morons... you know that.

Comment

less of it Looncy, I like my Passat.

Milan.
        C'mon beeenz, I thought it was the perfect signature line for you.

Comment

"And you too Tone, how's the Mrs doing ?"

She's doing fine now. I've bought her a new kitchen to play with while she recovers. She still manages to complain that she is 'too tired' to make my tea or that she 'wants a sit down' etc. That's when I picked up the wine bottle and then hid her under that new tree we have in our garden. Most people think she has gone away to visit a long lost relative (thanks to neighbours for that idea) but I've 'recycled' her. I've taken steps to reduce her carbon and real footprints altogether. The kids keep asking where she is, but I soon stop that talk by picking up the big wine bottle.....

People wonder why both go to school with a sock sellotaped into their mouths, but you have to stop the little blighters from talking somehow. Kids - you just can't beat them - well not these days anyway which is a shame.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Luce, obviously, you and I have different definitions of perfection.

DBA, not venting anything, simply pointing out that it cannot be nice for fathers who do not (for whatever reasons) have access to their children.

Now get back to your SQL_Server.

Milan.

Comment

Milan.
              Beence, everyone is perfect in their own way...

Comment

DBA, not venting anything, simply pointing out that it cannot be nice for fathers who do not (for whatever reasons) have access to their children.

Now get back to your SQL_Server.

Milan.
                SQL server?! You sicko! Oracle, sir, Oracle!

Look, I have (really) a LOT of sympathy for dads & mums who are unjustly denied access - but FFJ are a proven bunch of numpties.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  sounds like a Jerry Springer episode.
                  Not really.

I just realised why I'd spent 20 years working as an IT Contractor away from home. I didn't love or even like my wife.

End of.

Comment

[QUOTE=TonyEnglish;302074Kids - you just can't beat them - well not these days anyway which is a shame.[/QUOTE]

Spare the rod, buy a revolver!

Comment

"Spare the rod, buy a revolver!"

LoL or at least sharpen it first.
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X