• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Armed Robbers Get Shot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chicane View Post
    You mean there are other places in the world that are softer on crime than Britain?
    UK is harsh by EU standards. Doesn't seem to be having much effect either.

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
      But isn't it a bit worrying that the cops can know of a blag, turn up with shooters, and then, quelle surprise, hails of bullets in the high street? This wasn't, it seems, a 999 call response; it was an ambush that went wrong. It could have easily been a "Toddler Killed By Stray Police Bullet" thing.

That a couple of tuliphouses were topped is a delight to me; but the whole police operation seems to have been a bungled effort.
      Amazing isn't it.... the boys in blue execute a couple of armed thugs, save the time of the courts and money putting them up in HM hotels and they get accused of bungling it....

It's old school policing at it's best give them a medal and stop with all the PC crap please

Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
        Amazing isn't it.... the boys in blue execute a couple of armed thugs, save the time of the courts and money putting them up in HM hotels and they get accused of bungling it....

It's old school policing at it's best give them a medal and stop with all the PC crap please

Explain what this has got to do with political correctness.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
          You mean there are other places in the world that are softer on crime than Britain?
          Britain locks up a pretty hefty proportion of the population compared to most 'western' countries (dunno about oz or Japan) but of course nothing in comparison to the US.

Interstingly countries like Belgium don't seem to know what to do with people that probably shouldn't be relaeased - at some point they know they will have to let Detroux out and that will not go down well. I also saw that 2/3 of the prison population here are foreign nationals which pretty well fits in with their worldview.

Comment

Originally posted by King Cnvt View Post
            Getting caught holding up a bank with the guns in your hand and witnesses is very different.

Wake up idiot DBA...
            So, the only way, then, for the Police to bring a successful prosecution is to allow the crime to commence, with all that goes with that (like dead bodies, maybe even innocent people's dead bodies) in a high street, with innocent folk about? Er, no, that's not right... YOU DUNCE!!!

Wake up Cnvt, you unicellular-brained twot.

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
              So, the only way, then, for the Police to bring a successful prosecution is to allow the crime to commence
              That may well be the case.
              We are speculating, but it may be that the only time that all players were in one place was during the robbery.
              The police must have done a risk assesment and decided that it made sense to ambush them in flagrante even with all the risk that entails.

However, considering the Menezes case I am not sure our police are capable of making such decisions.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                That may well be the case.
                We are speculating, but it may be that the only time that all players were in one place was during the robbery.
                The police must have done a risk assesment and decided that it made sense to ambush them in flagrante even with all the risk that entails.

However, considering the Menezes case I am not sure our police are capable of making such decisions.
                For once, we are in agreement... which means I have made a mistake somewhere... Oh Dear™!

Comment

Working...
                X