• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What can one say?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many times have we heard things like 'a "rigorous overhaul" of children's services was needed ', or 'staff failed to act on suspicions for fear of being seen to be discriminatory'?

The people who took the decision to place children with these abusers should be held responsible as well. No excuses.

Comment

The story is newsworthy as both a crime and a failure of public service. It bothers me if people will use this as justification for preventing children from being fostered / adopted by gay couples.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        It is sensationalised because it is designed to get the reaction of "see I told you it wasnt a good idea to let poofs adopt".

But you wouldnt understand that would you.
        Read the article again. It's whole premise is that abuse took place, and the Authorities failed in a truly alarming way. That's it. It doesn't look like "see I told you it wasnt a good idea to let poofs adopt" to me.

By the way, there's an apostrophe in "wasn't". But you wouldn't understand that, would you?

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
          Read the article again. It's whole premise is that abuse took place, and the Authorities failed in a truly alarming way. That's it. It doesn't look like "see I told you it wasnt a good idea to let poofs adopt" to me.

By the way, there's an apostrophe in "wasn't". But you wouldn't understand that, would you?
          It's - "It's" is a contraction. It is short for "it is"

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
            I was quoting you and you missed it when you thought it.

BTW. I often find picking up on spelling and grammar adds weight to my argument on a serious subject.

The main thrust of that story is that the problems arose because it was 2 men who had adopted.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              It's - "It's" is a contraction. It is short for "it is"
              Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

The main thrust of that story is that the problems arose because it was 2 men who had adopted.
                No, it wasn't! It was that the Authorities got it sooooo wrong... again.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  I'd have thought that the main point was that for reasons of PC, this magnificent pair weren't vetted properly.

To prevent the scream of "homophobia" ...
                  http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.u...act.3198128.jp

The report in the local paper confirms this

Comment

Working...
                  X