• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: What can one say?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What can one say?"

Collapse

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I'd have thought that the main point was that for reasons of PC, this magnificent pair weren't vetted properly.

To prevent the scream of "homophobia" ...
    http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.u...act.3198128.jp

The report in the local paper confirms this

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

The main thrust of that story is that the problems arose because it was 2 men who had adopted.
    No, it wasn't! It was that the Authorities got it sooooo wrong... again.

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    It's - "It's" is a contraction. It is short for "it is"
    Doh!

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
    By the way, there's an apostrophe in "wasn't". But you wouldn't understand that, would you?
    I was quoting you and you missed it when you thought it.

BTW. I often find picking up on spelling and grammar adds weight to my argument on a serious subject.

The main thrust of that story is that the problems arose because it was 2 men who had adopted.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
    Read the article again. It's whole premise is that abuse took place, and the Authorities failed in a truly alarming way. That's it. It doesn't look like "see I told you it wasnt a good idea to let poofs adopt" to me.

By the way, there's an apostrophe in "wasn't". But you wouldn't understand that, would you?
    It's - "It's" is a contraction. It is short for "it is"

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    It is sensationalised because it is designed to get the reaction of "see I told you it wasnt a good idea to let poofs adopt".

But you wouldnt understand that would you.
    Read the article again. It's whole premise is that abuse took place, and the Authorities failed in a truly alarming way. That's it. It doesn't look like "see I told you it wasnt a good idea to let poofs adopt" to me.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    The story is newsworthy as both a crime and a failure of public service. It bothers me if people will use this as justification for preventing children from being fostered / adopted by gay couples.

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    How many times have we heard things like 'a "rigorous overhaul" of children's services was needed ', or 'staff failed to act on suspicions for fear of being seen to be discriminatory'?

The people who took the decision to place children with these abusers should be held responsible as well. No excuses.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    It is sensationalised because it is designed to get the reaction of "see I told you it wasnt a good idea to let poofs adopt".

But you wouldnt understand that would you.

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    The story here is not that it is two blokes doing the abusing, it is the fat that the abuse was going on and that the people responsible for supervising failed to see it or stop it.

Abuse: Impossible to over-react to.
    Authorities failing to do anything: Impossible to over-react to.

Again: sensationalised? Er, what the fook are you on?

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    The story here is not that it is two blokes doing the abusing, it is the fat that the abuse was going on and that the people responsible for supervising failed to see it or stop it.

Leave a comment:

• DBA_bloke
    replied
    Oh please! You reactionary gits.
    This is just a sensationalised story. They are not the only abusive adopters there have ever been.
    sensationalised? Er, what the fook are you on?

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Oh please! You reactionary gits.
    This is just a sensationalised story. They are not the only abusive adopters there have ever been.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Ahem.

From what I recall from the Discovery channel, young lizards have to be a bit sharp on their toes after hatching or their parents eat them.

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    It was reported in a local paper last week and it was stated that some of the initial findings were that the appropriate authority did not investigate the couple too much for fear of being branded homophobic.

Another success for the PC brigrade from whom as usual in such circumstances the silence is deafening

There needs to be a balance, I fear that it has tipped too far one way

Leave a comment:

Working...
X