• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Media Center's

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Center's

who has one? is it home built or off the shelf? any recommendations?

Am thinking of wiring up the house a bit more than the current Laptop, PC, Fax/Printer and Router
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Centres

Comment

I have an xbox 360 wired to my router upstairs, with a bit of 3rd party software installed on your PC you can bypass Microsoft’s restrictive xbox OS and stream whatever you like, I use something called TVersity along with FFD codec’s which allows you to play just about anything.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Haven't got one yet. Have an XBox-360, but it's media centre capabilities are a bit rubbish (Windows Media only - yuck) so have decided to get a Mac Mini to do the job instead. Still in the process of ripping all my CDs at the moment.
        Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

I have a little experience of these:

Setup 1 - Buffalo Terastation for storage, Slimp Player for music connected to a normal stereo, PixelMagic MB100 for playing files from Terastation (will play XVID, DIVX, DVD, HD), XBOX 360

Setup 2 - Windows XP with 1TB external USB drives, Media Center PC for playing films in lounge, Kiss DP1600 for playing films in bedroom, connected using Devolo AVDesk which does ethernet over normal power plugs

It really depends on your budget, your house, what equipment you already have etc.

If you need any particular advice let me know.
          Wise Scout - Contract job search engine

Comment

Working...
          X