• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does a car's badge matter?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    159 has only looks going for it. Not a great drive and not too reliable from what I've read.
    Sorry? And just what the feck do you know?

It's a fantastic car. Drive one, find out!

Stop reading about it and try one yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Sorry? And just what the feck do you know?

It's a fantastic car. Drive one, find out!

Stop reading about it and try one yourself.
      Would do but my Alfa days are over, I'm afraid.
      Tired of poor dealers and exorbitant prices for spare parts.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        I know that was 13 years ago – but have Fords really improved that much – do Fords give 3 year warranties to match the Japanese rivals?
        Ford Mondeo
        Rating 79.0%
        Overall ranking 58th=
        Broadly speaking, the only complaints about the Mondeo were how it looked - just the Vectra and Primera scored lower in this respect - and, perhaps more surprisingly, its ride and handling.

Otherwise, owners reported themselves happy with the car, rating it as no worse than average in six of the eight categories.

and that's the best that can be said about a nearly new car
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          Ford Mondeo
          Rating 79.0%
          Overall ranking 58th=
          Broadly speaking, the only complaints about the Mondeo were how it looked - just the Vectra and Primera scored lower in this respect - and, perhaps more surprisingly, its ride and handling.

Otherwise, owners reported themselves happy with the car, rating it as no worse than average in six of the eight categories.

and that's the best that can be said about a nearly new car
          I read that as there being 57 better cars to choose over a Ford
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

The mondeo is the car for you sas.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
              The mondeo is the car for you sas.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I know you lot will take the pi$$....but....

If you need a car that's comfortable for doing 90 down the motorway, do high mileage commuting to gigs and are married - therefore not trying to impress the ladies with how much you earn....there aren't any better than the Mondeo.

As much as I'd like an Audi etc. can't justify it just to try and impress other people.

OK maybe when sat at lights next to fit blonde in Z4 - you may regret the decision...but I wanna retire at 40, so happy with Mondeo

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
                  I know you lot will take the pi$$....but....

If you need a car that's comfortable for doing 90 down the motorway, do high mileage commuting to gigs and are married - therefore not trying to impress the ladies with how much you earn....there aren't any better than the Mondeo.

As much as I'd like an Audi etc. can't justify it just to try and impress other people.

OK maybe when sat at lights next to fit blonde in Z4 - you may regret the decision...but I wanna retire at 40, so happy with Mondeo
                  My point exactly.
                  And the new top-of-the-range Mondeo apparently is knocking on the Germans door in terms of quality. Of course we'll have to wait and see in the long run.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    My point exactly.
                    And the new top-of-the-range Mondeo apparently is knocking on the Germans door in terms of quality. Of course we'll have to wait and see in the long run.
                    Only thing I never liked about the Ghia ones was the tacky cheap looking wooden bits...very seedy... as long as it's got cruise control so I can chill out on the motorway @ 6am, then I'm happy

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
                      Only thing I never liked about the Ghia ones was the tacky cheap looking wooden bits...very seedy... as long as it's got cruise control so I can chill out on the motorway @ 6am, then I'm happy
                      The new interiors are very swish indeed (top-o-range)
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X