• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does a car's badge matter?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

agreed a diesel series II onwards landrover is uber cool

never liked the series I's

wouldn't mind an ex army rag top diesel 90

keep on the available ones from www.witham-sv.com every so often

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

never liked the series I's

wouldn't mind an ex army rag top diesel 90

keep on the available ones from www.witham-sv.com every so often

Milan.
      but not ideal for long motorway journeys - thats what the CRV is for ...

Comment

This has to be the perfect "I'm not tight, I'm just careful" contractor car.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/first_d...sid=316&page=1

"The Ceed is not only very focused, it's also offered with a mighty SEVEN-year warranty, valid for 100,000 miles."

Cheap as chips and if anything goes wrong, you have a cast iron warranty for next 7 years.

Why buy a Ford?

Comment

I intend to replace my Passatt with a 110 TD5 (2003/4 ish) at some point. Just waiting for the right one to come up really.
          Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Portseven,

I don't know why you are so excited about bio diesel for 79p a litre, here on the mainland we pay 1 euro 5 a litre for the real thing, what's that in old money, about 70p !!!

Milan.
            Ahh but you don't get to have your car smelling like a chippy with that stuff.
            Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Can anyone remember nicking Mercedes badges and trying to make 'ninja throwing stars' out of them?

Or was that just me?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Of course the badge doesn't matter; the kids will nick it.
                *Zeighty in "I used to like the beasty boys" mode

Comment

Seems that there are more Passat owners here than anything. Some bugger tried to nick mine off the drive a few weeks ago! Who'd want to steal a 2001 rep mobile?

I was thinking about changing over to a Honda S2000 (ok, bit hairdressery) but not now - the Passat is getting run into the ground.

Comment

Working...
                  X