• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phone Ban

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
    Here is the link. I work for my LTD co that is contracted to a Consultancy who then in turn manage a service at the end client. As the Consultancy is a sister company of the client they are tied into the same regulations. So the e-mail got forward to "US" contractors of the consultancy with a note saying this also applies to us.

The main reason for it is due to the data we can get hold of but surely that is why i'm SC cleared. Some reason it is getting me angry but i'm sure they will have it covered somewhere in the contract that i have to abide by all rules and regulations of the consultancy and end client.

Why is it such a big deal for you? most times I switch my mobile off on client site, when I go for lunch or out for a break I check my messages and reply to any urgent calls.

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
      I would tell them to poke it TBH!!!!

Yes very professional
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Yes it applies to external visitors as well. They have put little lockers in security for them to check their mobile phones and any portable electonic device into upon arrival. They can then collect it when they leave.
        Is it GCHQ? They make you leave phones, Furbys, etc. at the gate.

Comment

Yes it applies to external visitors as well. They have put little lockers in security for them to check their mobile phones and any portable electonic device into upon arrival. They can then collect it when they leave.

This all sounds like i'm going to have to go along with it ?
          From the sound of it, you are going to have to just accept it, but what will they be suggesting next ? Banning browsing the net

Comment

I've had this before on a secure site, which I could (sort of) understand.

In your shoes I'd put your phone on silent and ignore the email.
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Banning posting drivel on bulletin boards?

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                I've had this before on a secure site, which I could (sort of) understand.

In your shoes I'd put your phone on silent and ignore the email.
                surely vibrate would be better ?

Wouldn't the walking with a sort of limp make it a little obvious

Comment

I worked somewhere that had a phone ban (secure site) where you had to leave your phone at reception ... and if you didn't there was a device that did something weird to the signal so you had no service unless you went out onto the road!

The fact that they tell you that you can use it at lunchtimes and breaks kind of invalidates the security argument tho' dunnit?? Anyway they always use their mobile phones on Spooks!!

I worked for a customer who also had a mobile phone ban in the office but the client used to moan if she couldn't get hold of us?!

Windy

Comment

if you got a landline at your desk why dont your forward your calls to that number?
                    cut me - ill bleed rosso red

Comment

I’d love to ban mobile phones (and landlines sometimes) in my office, but I am all alone here and the only calls I get are business. It would not bother me to be on site with a ban like that.

I am more interested to know the reason why they want to ban mobile phones. Is it tracking and bugging or is it the data carrying capabilities. If the latter, why just have them switched off and not include other devices. If the former, well what about the rest of us!

However, I’d put money on it being some anal, public sector, Nazi, thick-o who dreamed it up because it was their brief to improve ‘security’. I doubt if there is a sensible reason for it.
                      Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Working...
                      X