• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House Prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Cheek!

That’s a bit like saying women can’t be coders.

My guess is the credit squeeze will affect the lower end of the market first. We will see the sales volumes’ reduce and maybe stall before any price reduction over the winter on problem property.
    just vote for chanel no. 5

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
      just vote for chanel no. 5
      You want to start
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        Hmm… average house owners are staying put as the rungs on the ladder seem further apart the higher they go, below them there are millions clambering on to get on the bottom rungs, the only way the average house owners are going to move up is if the top rungs are easier to reach, I predict a top end blood bath.
        How do u define an average house owner, for that matter what is an average house in the UK? 3 bed room semi detached??.....its very relative is'nt it?

Comment

Originally posted by aj1977 View Post
          How do u define an average house owner, for that matter what is an average house in the UK? 3 bed room semi detached??.....its very relative is'nt it?
          Of course it is, in my area I would say bottom end is up to 140k, average 140k-250k and top end 250k+, adjust these figures depending on where you live.

HTH
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

aha I should have added a top-end blood bath, bottom-end blood bath and Eau de Dior.

Damn didn't think of that.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Woohhooooo.

Housing boom forever. You'll all be rich and famous.
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

A house is only worth what someone will pay for it. One reason alone. Take away that reason and Seems like a pretty poor reason to me.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  A house is only worth what someone will pay for it. One reason alone. Take away that reason and Seems like a pretty poor reason to me.
                  Well, I am not sure that it's only a matter of confidence and belief in house prices. History shows us that house price crashes happen when people expect them least and are a combination of several factors (not alwas the same ones either).
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                    Well, I am not sure that it's only a matter of confidence and belief in house prices. History shows us that house price crashes happen when people expect them least and are a combination of several factors (not alwas the same ones either).

Does anyone remember if house prices went down after the 11th of Sept 2001?

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
                      Does anyone remember if house prices went down after the 11th of Sept 2001?
                      Prices went shooting up. Everybody is like, forget this travel business way too risky, tourists are for heros. No we'll stay at home and build an extensions instead. When the war on terror is won prices will go down in the UK. France will be uneffected they don't pick fights with anyone.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X