• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yet Another CV question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet Another CV question

Hi ..
    Prior to seeing sense and becoming a contractor I worked as a permie for one of the large pimps as a Managed Consultant ( being paid as a permie, but working on a client site as a contractor) . My question is would I be bending the truth if I listed the Blue Chip end clients name on the CV as the employer rather than the agency name.

Any advice please. Thanks.

Originally posted by bolar View Post
    Hi ..
    Prior to seeing sense and becoming a contractor I worked as a permie for one of the large pimps as a Managed Consultant ( being paid as a permie, but working on a client site as a contractor) . My question is would I be bending the truth if I listed the Blue Chip end clients name on the CV as the employer rather than the agency name.

Just state: On-site Consultant at Bla Bla

I was working as a….. being supplied by a third party to work at Bla Bla…
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Mine says "Employed by XXX Corp between 199X and 200X. Projects include..." and then name the projects and the end-client.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Same here, I've been on the consultancy scene for a while. They have some good things, but the money sucks really espcially if they send you on bodyshopping job (the company has no ownership on the project).

Anyway I always put my company first then project later. Bold the client name if that is relevant.

If you move from one consulting company to another, it's more relevant to bold the name of the consulting company.

Comment

Originally posted by bolar View Post
          Hi ..

Of course you aren't bending the truth. Clients are only interested in where you worked and what you did there.

They are rarely interested in the agency name, and never interested in your company name.
          Last edited by wendigo100; 19 August 2007, 09:42.

Comment

Working...
          X