• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you want to emigrate to Australia?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    With that mentality we could probably roll over a large percentage of the world and restart the British Empire.........
    Could we? The dress rehearsal in Iraq isn't going too well...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I remember seeing that on a TV programme.
      I saw that. The whole series was a parade of numpty halfwits who failed miserably to check ahead about that sort of thing. Knobs.

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af View Post
        I saw that. The whole series was a parade of numpty halfwits who failed miserably to check ahead about that sort of thing.
        I saw that series too. There was one chap who did well, but I doubt if he'd have managed without his missus pushing him (and founding a successful business herself along the way).

Time and again, the rest of them were buying property and brand new cars before they'd established a decent income stream. Duh!
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          Time and again, the rest of them were buying property and brand new cars before they'd established a decent income stream. Duh!
          Gotta live the dream, eh.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            I saw that series too. There was one chap who did well, but I doubt if he'd have managed without his missus pushing him (and founding a successful business herself along the way).

I reckon they figured 'coz theyis british they could sign on at the airport.

I did see one idiot who didn't go through any of the courses and then complained that he never got a decent job.

One guy I knew took most of the qualifications for the Canadian gas fitter and electrian courses and exams here. When he landed he pretty well had the work already lined up!
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
            X