• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Meet-up: Planning Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Xen etc - shall we stick to PMing the exact details to those interested to avoid random crazies and the romper stomper brigade - or not?

I think that would be wise, and probably best to avoid anywhere previously mentioned. Count me in though.

Comment

TLG - we had a Christmas party a while back - up for another one if I'm in the country.

28th is v good for me. Richmond Bridge - still going for the riverside drink? Better be sooner rather than later before the weather turns.
      Richmond Bridge is also good for me....
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

Just curious, to those who have gone before - does it end up like one of those IT geek nights with everyone talking tech for the whole night, tryng to out do each other on how big their WANG is, or is it reasonably entertaining and normal?

Speaking of geeks, where is AtW these days?
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

It would be worth going just to see if certain individuals are such venomous cretins in real life
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

There are enough places around Richmond Bridge for Gooner not to have blown the plan.

The last meet was surprisingly normal - and the Xmas do. Talked more about non-work related stuff than anything else, and a good mix of people. Shockingly - we're mostly normal, down-to-earth ppl.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
              Speaking of geeks, where is AtW these days?
              his Super Killer Application obviously was just that, Super and a Killer
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

we're mostly normal, down-to-earth ppl.
                One of these kids is not like the others, one of these kids is not the same
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

There are enough places around Richmond Bridge for Gooner not to have blown the plan.

The last meet was surprisingly normal - and the Xmas do. Talked more about non-work related stuff than anything else, and a good mix of people. Shockingly - we're mostly normal, down-to-earth ppl.
                  well there is always the black horse in EC2
                  SA says;
                  Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                    How about a couple of drinks in London on a Thursday night? September 20th, 27th or October 4th?

Potential attendees thus far:
                    • sasguru
                    • realityhack
                    • n5gooner
                    • Jog On
                    • Ardesco
                    • zamzummim
                    • Gonzo
                    • Old Greg
                    • Warrior Princess
                    I can do 20th, if you want to avoid that date...
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Not too keen on Thursdays - schoolnight, best behaviour and all that - would prefer a Fri/Sat and have more than 'a couple'.

Comment

Working...
                      X